Sunday, November 1, 2020
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
Friday, 11/6 marks the end of the first trimester. Your teacher has been (or will be) in touch with you to schedule a parent teacher conference to review your child's progress, strengths and areas for growth in the next trimester. You can find the link for conference scheduling on our public calendar and on our main website at lces.wpusd.org.
All conferences will be held virtually, likely on Google Meet. Some teachers will hold conferences as early as November 9th, while others may hold conferences into early December. Our report cards have been modified in some areas to reflect the impact of 100% distance learning and our reduced school day hours. Our goal is always to meet with every family each fall to review progress. We look forward to meeting with you!
Two important reminders:
1. be sure to set your clocks back one hour!
2. originally Mon., 11/2 was a scheduled holiday, but the district moved that non-school day to 10/1 as we prepared to reopen school. We DO have school on Monday, 11/2!
Looking ahead, we will have a no school on Wed., 11/11 in honor of Veterans Day. As a result, food distribution for INTERCONNECT students will be distributed on Thurs., 11/12.
This Week's Most Important Thing - Picture Day!
Our Fall Picture Day is scheduled for November 3rd & 4th 2020!
Typically we photograph 700 students in 3 hours. This year, we are going to do 150 one day and 150 the next day, we will bring students to the photograph area in small groups of 5 or so, and we plan to shoot outside (weather permitting). Social distancing will be maintained the entire time, and our photographers will be masked and will maintain 6 ft. social distance at all times. We'll invite our at home learners to photograph at school in the afternoons - you can show up or you can make an appointment for a time at LCES or at the Bill Smith studios if you prefer.
- during the school day: in person learners from Cassidy, Cook, Risucci, Giannini, Warren, Scarbrough, Swanson, Wetzstein, Crook
- from 1-2:30 pm: Distance Learners with Last Names A-L; contact Bill Smith Photography at (916)749-1026 to schedule an appointment
- during the school day: in person learners from Coleman, Shye/Perez, Fleshman, Reynolds, Sliepen, Wright, Beatty, Shelton, Stuckey
- from 1-2:30 pm: Distance Learners with Last Names M-Z; contact Bill Smith Photography at (916)749-1026 to schedule an appointment
To pre-order pictures,
Reminder about keeping your child home if he/she is unwell
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
The protocols update regularly, so watch the district's Road Map to Reopening and Mr. Leaman's regular updates for the most current information.
As a reminder, if the County's 'color level' changes, it will NOT impact our ability to keep our schools open. Our schools will remain open as long as we are able to keep our rates of COVID infection and students/staff sent home to quarantine low.
If you are looking for ways to relax before school, during a break, or after school, check out our virtual calming corner and other mindfulness resources plus helpful tips for parents to support their child's anxiety - click here!
Non-School Days & District Calendar Links
NON-SCHOOL DAYS or SPECIAL DAYS
- CANCELLED - Mon., 11/2: Staff Work Day / WE WILL HAVE SCHOOL on 11/2
- Wed., 11/11: Veteran's Day / no school
- Mon., 11/16-Fri., 11/20: Conference Week (watch for an email from your teacher in late October/early November!)
- Mon., 11/23-Fri., 11/27: Thanksgiving Break / no school
- Mon., 12/21-Mon., 1/4: Winter Break / no school
- Mon., 1/18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / no school
- Fri., 2/12-Mon., 2/15: Mini February Break / no school
- Fri., 3/26: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 3/29-Fri., 4/2: Spring Break / no school
- Mon., 4/5: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 5/31: Memorial Day / no school
- Fri., 6/11: Last Day of School
*Fri., 3/26 and Mon., 4/5 are Public Safety (PS) Days - PS days are non student and non teacher word days unless they are needed as make-up days for prior Public Safety closures (smoke, power outages, etc...)
Stay in Touch!
- Check our our website and our community calendar of activities; access PeachJar (our flier hub) directly here!
- Download our free app and get notifications on your phone
- Follow us on Social Media (links above), including Instagram at @lcescolts
- Check us out on YouTube at http://youtube.com/c/JenniferHladunLCES