Vol. 3 Edition 26
Welcome to Week 26
Registration is happening now in English Classes
All students in grades 6-11 met with their counselors and administrators to review registration information for the 20-21 school year. All students were provided with Course Planning Sheets via their English classes. Please talk with your child about courses that we are offering and assist them in selecting their classes. Please click here on this link to the "20-21 Registration" page of our website for all documents, applications, and presentations. If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's school counselor. Click here: https://ccmhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/program-applications/
New Florida Mental Health Mandates
2020-2021 Registration Information
Congratulations Students of the Week!
Congratulations to our Staff Members of the Week!
WEEK 26: February 24th- March 1st
Monday - February 24th
FSA Writing Retake
12:30- National Guard Recruiter
2pm- Lady Coyote Engineering Club
Athletics & Fine Arts
6pm- MS Boy's Basketball vs JLMS @ HOME
6pm- HS JV Baseball vs Sunlake
Tuesday - February 25th
FSA ELA Retake S1
12:30- Army Recruiter in Lunches
12:30- Blood Drive Sign Ups
2pm- Engineering Competition Club
Athletics & Fine Arts
3:30pm- 5:30pm- Boy's Tennis @ Gulf
3:30pm- 5:30pm- Girl's Tennis vs Gulf @ HOME
6:30- Varsity Softball @ Berkely Prep
7pm- HS Girl's Lacrosse vs Discovery Academy
7pm- Varsity Baseball @ Zephyrhills
Wednesday - February 26th
FSA ELA Retake Session 2
12:30-Blood Drive Sign Ups
2pm- Class of 2020 Meeting
2pm- Class of 2021 Meetings
2pm- Science NHS Meeting
2:30pm- 4pm-ESOL Extended Day Program
6pm- MS Boys Basketball vs Centennial @ HOME
6pm- JV Baseball vs Land O Lakes @ HOME
Thursday- February 27th
Algebra 1 EOC Retake Session 1
8am-3pm- Blood Drive in the Gym
11am- USF Advisor Amanda Toole
12:30- Navy Recruiter at C and D Lunch
2pm- Tutoring Thursday in Media
2pm- Engineering Competition Club in 4-102
Athletics & Fine Arts
3:30pm- Boy's Tennis vs River Ridge HS
3:30pm- Girl's Tennis @ River Ridge
6pm- JV Softball @ Wesley Chapel
6pm- MS Girl's Soccer vs PVMS
7pm- Girl's Lacrosse @ Lake Gibson
Friday- February 28th
Algebra 1 Retake Session 2
Athletics & Fine Arts
7pm- Boy's Lacrosse @ Tampa Catholic
Saturday- February 29th
Gulfcoast Odyssey of the Mind Tournament
Consider Advanced Placement for your Coyote
There are many reasons why students should take Advanced Placement, some of which include:
- AP students learn essential time management and study skills needed for college and career success.
- They dig deeper into subjects that interest them and learn to tap their creativity and their problem-solving skills to address course challenges.
- Students who take AP courses send a signal to colleges that they’re serious about their education and that they’re willing to challenge themselves with rigorous coursework. 85% of selective colleges and universities report that a student’s AP experience favorably impacts admission decisions.
- Research shows that students who take AP courses and exams are much more likely than their peers to complete a college degree on time.
- Most colleges and universities nationwide offer college credit, advanced placement, or both for qualifying AP Exam scores.
To learn more about AP, please visit https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap
To commit to AP at CCMHS, please fill out the following form https://ccmhs.pasco.k12.fl.us/mform/view.php?id=22246
IMPORTANT: 8th Grade Field Trip
Attention 8th grade students and parents, don’t forget if you are planning on attending the 8th grade field trip to GradVenture in May that all field trip forms and payments are due Friday, March 13th. Students can pay online or bring check or cash to Ms. Richardson in room 1-218 from 7:00-7:20. If students need a new informational sheet they can pick one up in Ms. Richardson’s room.
- Please pay your Grad Fees on the CCHS website or at Student Services.
- Senior Bundles are available on the website that will offer discounts on Grad Bash, Water Day, and Prom.
- Grad Bash tickets are currently being sold. The last day to purchase is February 28th, get yours before they sell out.
- Please upload your student’s Baby Pics for our Senior Breakfast Slide Show.
Staff vs Students Basketball Tournament
Howlabration Semester 2 Important Information regarding Eligibility
On May 22 we will host our Howlabration event to recognize the achievements of our high school students, including Straight A Honor Roll and A/B Honor Roll for Quarter 3 for students in Grades 9-11. (12th Grade Students will be recognized at our Senior Awards Breakfast on May 26). Please note the Pasco County School District policy regarding eSchool, FLVS, and dual enrollment course grades in regard to Honor Roll:
“Dual Enrollment, and FLVS courses do not earn quarter grades, and are therefore not available for inclusion in the determination of honor roll status for quarter grading periods. Pasco eSchool courses may be included in Quarter Honor Roll and grades will be shared with schools by the Pasco eSchool administration. Students must have a minimum of six grades or a number of grades equivalent to three (3) credits posted for each semester to be eligible.”
Please note the following deadlines:
- Students must be at least 50% complete with Segment 2 with an A or B in all Pasco eSchool and FLVS classes by Friday, March 13 to be considered for Honor Roll Recognition.
- Students in Dual Enrollment classes must see Mrs. Larimore by Tuesday, May 12 to verify completion of their Dual Enrollment courses with a grade of an A or B.
All About Athletics
Good Luck to our Wrestlers on Saturday, 2/22, at their District Tournament. The following week, those who qualify, will travel for the Regional Tournament on 2/28 out in Melbourne, FL. Good luck to all of our wrestlers in their big upcoming week!
Spring Sports are in full force with all of our teams with a few games under their belts! Good luck to all of our Spring Sports teams, continue bringing in those wins!
Calling All Coyotes!! Track Meet Volunteers are needed!
All volunteers must be approved by the district. District applications can be found in the link below:
SAT School Day - Mar 25th - Free to ALL JUNIORS!!!
Freshmen, Sophomores, and Seniors may participate for a fee. For more information, see Ms. Vaccaro (11th grade counselor), Mrs. Larimore (College and Career Specialist), or Mr. Herndon (Assessment Coordinator).