This Week in Pre-AP Math 8
February 15 - February 19
Please Read - Laptops
I still am having many students who are not bringing their laptops. This is becoming an issue as the sites are are using work best on laptops. Students are able to access them on their phone, but there have been several issues with some of the things not working properly on phones, due to them not being designed for mobile use. Laptops are required as a school supply, and as they were school issued and every student has one, there really isn't an excuse for not bringing them, other than being repaired.
I would really appreciate your help, if you can, in talking to your student about the importance of being prepared for class and your encouragement and reminders to make sure they have their laptops and chargers.
As this is the last week of the marking period, it is important that your student comes to tutoring if they are missing assignments or if they are not understanding something.
Early Dismissal/Student Holiday
On Monday, February 22nd, there is an inclement weather day scheduled. As this winter has not produced any bad weather, it will be a student holiday.
STAAR and STAAR Review
STAAR Dates (for your reference):
Tuesday, March 29: 8th grade Math (and 7th grade Writing)
Wednesday, March 30: 8th grade Reading
Monday, May 9: 7th grade Math
Tuesday, May 10: 7th grade Reading
Wednesday, May 11: 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12: 8th grade Social Studies
Copies of Assignments
1. I post copies of all daily work and notes pages on blackboard. Students should be able to access them anywhere they have Internet connection. Also on blackboard is a calendar where I post daily entries with detailed descriptions of what was done in class that day. I also post pictures of my notebook on blackboard so that students can see any notes they have missed.
2. I attach copies of anything that is a daily grade in skyward as well. Students (and parents) can access these files.
3. Students can ask me for any work they missed as well, but this method is not the quickest way to get work, as it usually has to wait until there is a chance during class for me to pull that work.
Students are responsible for keeping up with their notebooks and making sure they get any missed notes if they are absent. They are also responsible for getting their missing work.
Tests will NOT be posted online, so if a students misses or needs to retake/correct a test or quiz, they will need to come to tutorials.
This Week In Pre-AP Math 8
- We will be continuing our work on Unit 9. This week we will finish surface area of triangular prisms and work on surface area of cylinders
- We will have a test review on Wednesday
- The Unit 9 Test will be on Thursday
- Early Dismissal - Friday, February 19
- No School - Monday, February 22
- Next Test Date - Thursday, March 3 (tentatively) over Unit 11