JM Daily Announcements
Club & Class News
French Club, 2/20
The French Club will meet on Tuesday after school in room 126 for a movie and snacks.
SCA Talent Show Auditions, 2/26 & 2/27
Do you have a talent that deserves the spotlight? Are you ready to showcase your skills on stage? Here's your chance to shine! SCA is excited to announce the Jayem Spring Talent Show! We are looking for talented students to participate. Whether you sing, dance, act, or have a unique talent, we want to see what you've got! Simply prepare a short performance that highlights your talent. Sign up for an audition slot by Friday, February 23rd outside room 244 or come to auditions! Open Auditions will be held on February 26 and 27th at 2:55 pm in the Lecture Hall.
Spanish Club, 2/29
The Spanish Club will meet Thursday, February 29th, after school in room 134.
JAYEM Pals, 3/4
Come join us for our first Spring meeting on Thursday, March 4th in room 142! We will discuss plans for the semester, have snacks, and help spread some good luck around JM! Please see Ms.Mintze, Ms. S, or Ms. Willging for any questions!
Jostens_Cap & Gown
The cap and gown unit IS a required item for graduation, everyone must place an order for this item through Jostens. Please refer to your senior information packet provided at the meeting on October 23rd for pricing and deposit information.
If you have questions, please call 1-800-567-8367.
Seniors planning to attend a 4-Year University should be regularly checking the Senior Class Outlook group for scholarship opportunities. Hundreds of scholarships have already been sent out this year.
Ms. Smith in the counseling office has snacks for the following:
- students who have completed the FAFSA,
- come in for help completing the FAFSA,
- have a cap to hang up for a college acceptance (this includes Germanna), military enlistment, or other post-graduation decision.
JMHS Free Vaccination Clinic, 3/19
The Health Department will be visiting JMHS and WGMS to offer vaccines. Vaccines mandated are:
· Tdap, and
Offered to ALL for entry to 7th and 12th grade!
Current 6th and 11th graders please contact your family physician for a copy of your vaccination record or your school nurse. If you have additional questions, please contact the school nurse at JMHS or WGMS.
*Forms will be sent out to all students in the 6th and 11th grade – if you do not receive one, please reach out to the school nurse. RETURN FORMS to the Nurse NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 16th, 2024.
College & Career
If juniors are interested in the Nursing program for their Senior year, please see Mrs. Smith in Counseling.
Fredericksburg Youth Academy
The Fredericksburg Youth Academy is a program designed for young adults between 14 and 20 interested in learning about law enforcement and the Emergency Communications Center. This 10-week program aims to develop character and leadership skills while providing an opportunity to observe the inner workings of the Fredericksburg Police Department. For eligibility, individuals must be current residents of Fredericksburg or currently enrolled in the Fredericksburg school system. This session will begin on March 18, 2024.
The purpose of the Fredericksburg Youth Academy is to:
· Help young adults become mature and responsible citizens
· Provide the opportunity to examine the law enforcement profession as a possible career
· Create a better understanding of law enforcement programs on the local, state, and national levels
· Create a better community and law enforcement relationship
· Create a better understanding of social relations between youth and adults of the community
· Create a better understanding between law enforcement and the youth of the community
Participants must be:
- Between the ages of 14 to 20
- A current resident of the City of Fredericksburg or enrolled in the City of Fredericksburg school system.
- Participants will be of good character and have no criminal or juvenile record.
If you have any additional questions, contact Deputy Police Chief Betsy Mason via email .
Click here to register for the Fredericksburg Youth Academy.
Tuesday – February 20
Region 3B Boys Basketball Semifinal vs. Skyline – 6:00pm
First Day of Spring Sports Tryouts/Practices
- Softball, Track, Girls Soccer, Girls/Boys Tennis @ JMHS
- Boys Soccer @ Dixon Park (Pod 6)
- Baseball @ Walker-Grant MS
- Girls/Boys Lacrosse @ Fredericksburg Field House
Friday – February 23
Region 3B Boys Basketball Final – Game, Location, Time TBD
Spring Sports Start Today! 2/20
Here are the following practice locations for each sport. All practices start at 330pm.
Track, Softball, Girls Soccer and Tennis will practice at JM.
All Baseball, Lacrosse and Boys Soccer players must meet their buses by the practice fields.
- Baseball will take EV Bus 63 to Walker Grant.
- Boys Soccer will take Bus 30 to Dixon Park.
- Lacrosse will take Bus 45 to the Fredericksburg Field House.
Spring Sports Coaches
All practices start on Tuesday, February 20
Baseball 3:30-6pm @ WGMS
Contact: Robert Bailey
Boys/Girls Tennis: 3pm-5:30pm @ JMHS
Boys/Girls Lacrosse: 3:30pm-5:30pm @ Fredericksburg Field House
Boys Soccer: 3:30pm-5:30pm @ Dixon Park (Pod 6)
Contact: Molay Sesay
Girls Soccer: 3:30pm-6:00pm @ JMHS
Contact: Randy Ryan
Softball: 3:30pm-5:30pm @ JMHS
Contact: Tori White
Outdoor Track: 3:30pm @ JMHS
Contact: Tre Lucas
Behind the Wheel
Any student who plans on taking the Behind the Wheel course this semester needs to email Mr Brown at email@example.com and get registered. If you have already registered, you need to call and get a scheduled time to drive.
You are required to drive at least 3 days. Please include in your email a contact number so Mr Brown can schedule you.