AHES Panther News
2022 Connection: February 25, 2022
Anaheim Hills Elementary School
Location: 6450 E Serrano Avenue Anaheim, CA 92807
This week went by quickly here at AHES! It was so fun to recognize 2.22.22 as a school this week: we dressed up, exercised, read, and danced together.
Also this week, we were able to have AHES parents attend our Panther PRIDE Awards Reception for students who received Panther PRIDE awards this month. It was so great to have our families back on campus with us for this event. It made it extra special for our students and staff!
Last week some of our AHES students were able to participate in the opening of the newly updated Big A Ballfield in conjunction with the Angels Foundation, City of Anaheim, and Orange Unified. Below you will find a picture of some of our Board of Education Trustees, Superintendent, and other district leaders with the students and me.
Also, 6th Grade Families please see the communication from Mrs. Van Wilgen Moore sent 2.25.2022. You have until 2.27.2022 to provide us with your feedback on the new survey sent to you regarding Outdoor Education.
Please see below for this week's updates.
Mrs. Van Wilgen Moore
Mark Your Calendars
- March 3 - AHES Welcomes Our Guest Principal for the Day
- March 8 - Minimum Day - End of Trimester
- March 10 - 6th Grade El Rancho Placement Tests @ School
- March 11 - AHES PTA Sponosred Movie Night @ AHES
- March 17 - PTA Meeting @TBD
- March 18 - Fire Drill
- March 21 - School Site Council
- March 22 - Lockdown Drill
- March 25 - Panther PRIDE Awards March Ceremony
- March 28-April 1: No School - Spring Break
- 2021-2022 District Student Calendar
Classroom Volunteers - Now Approved
Once you are an approved volunteer, you will need to work with your child's teacher on when they need your support, so they can add you to our volunteer calendar. Thank you!
Join Us! AHES PTA Presents AHES Family Movie Night!
CARES - Spring Camp Registration Opens February 22, 2022 - Summer Camp Registration
- Sites: Crescent OPK, Chapman Hills, Palmyra and Villa Park Elementary Cost: $190.00 for the week Hours: 7:00am to 6:00pm
Sites that do not have CARES, can enroll for another campus camp. If they have space, they do take outside families.
- Outside families for spring camp will begin March 1st ,if space is available.
Space will be limited, so please enroll as soon as possible!
Attached below you will find the CARES Eleyo account profile help sheet. Eleyo is their registration, billing and attendance system.
Parents must set up an account in order to register for CARES and camps.
Here is the direct link to the Eleyo website. https://ousdcds.ce.eleyo.com/
We have also updated our CARES website for spring camp registration.
Summer camp registration will begin Monday, April 18th at 7:00am. More Information to Come!
CARES (Childcare) Enrollment Flyer for 2022-2023
Save the Date - April 12th - Panther Picnic: Lunch with a Loved One
More details and schedules to come as we get closer. I just wanted to make sure you had the date saved for work schedules and planning purposes.
Not Returning to AHES for 22-23?
If your child is in grades K-5th and you are not returning to AHES next year for the 22/23 school year, please fill out the following form. Please DO NOT fill out the form unless you are NOT returning to AHES next year.
COVID-19 Student Testing Opportunities
Voluntary, cost-free COVID-19 testing is available four times per week to all interested students. This type of surveillance testing program is recommended by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Event Time: Monday to Thursday 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Event Locations: Canyon High School / El Modena High School Orange High School / Villa Park High School 2:00 - 2:30 is reserved for HS staff/students
Please follow the below steps to schedule your COVID-19 test:
1. Use the Registration Link or QR Code to access registration for the event
2. Complete the COVID-19 questionnaire, including all consent forms, and time slot selection for each patient that will be tested
3. Bring a copy of your insurance card and state issued ID with you to the event
4. Expect to receive your results within 2 days from the date of testing via text message or phone call from the doctor. If you have not been contacted by us within 2 days, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your email with your results
Reminders - Please Review
Teacher & Room Number Information
I have had a few families ask about their child's room numbers, since the COVID notifications now include room numbers. Teachers' names are unable to be added to the COVID notifications, so I have added the teacher names and room numbers below for your reference.
K1 - Grassbaugh
K2 - Chavez
Room 1 - Zuidema
Room 2 - Shepherd
Room 3 - Win'E
Room 4 - Starkweather
Room 6 - Munro
Room 7 - Dunwoody
Room 8 - Erickson
Room 9 - Mrs. Hawley
Room 11 - Rotsios
Room 12 - Martin
Room 13 - Morgan
Room 14 - Mr. Hawley
Room 15 - Tanioka
Room 17 - Shutler
Room 18 - McEvilly
How Do I Know When My Child Can Return to School?
Please see the reminders below of what you can do to help and when not to send your child to school.
How you can help:
1) Please communicate to your student(s) the importance of wearing a mask as required, encourage them to wash their hands often or use hand sanitizer, and remind them to cover their noses and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
2) It is critical that parents and guardians keep their students home when they are sick and report all absences, positive cases, exposures, and illnesses to their child's school immediately. Please make sure that your student does not attend school and gets tested as soon as possible if they have symptoms associated with the coronavirus.
The following is a list of reasons that students should not attend school, and the school’s office should be contacted:
● Has tested positive for COVID-19
● Is awaiting COVID-19 test results
● Has been identified as a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or has had possible exposure to someone with COVID-19
● Is experiencing any symptom(s) of COVID-19, including:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, or abdominal pain
- Runny nose, congestion, itchy or red eyes, or chills
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
● If a student is unvaccinated and traveled out of the country over the break, the CDC recommends self-quarantining 7 days after return from the international destination, with a COVID test on day 3-5 upon return (or 10 days without testing).
- An individual is considered vaccinated two weeks AFTER their second vaccination in a two-dose series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks AFTER receiving a single-dose vaccine (such as Johnson&Johnson/Janssen).
If in doubt, please keep your student home and contact the Anaheim Hills Elementary School staff by emailing AnaheimHillsPrincipal@orangeusd.org and someone from the office will be in contact with you as soon as possible to advise you on next steps and to help identify the soonest return to school date.
3)For information on free at home COVID-19 test kits and in-person COVID-19 testing options, please see this communication from our Superintendent. If your child is placed on quarantine or isolation and you are having trouble with test access, please contact the front office.
Thank you for your continued commitment to keeping our students, staff, and school community safe and healthy.
Please use the following student symptom decision tree from the Orange County Health Care Agency, when determining if a child can return to school after exhibiting any signs of sickness. Please reach out to the school front office to assist you in identifying your child's return to school date.