Holy Trinity Catholic School
Home of the Saints - January 13, 2016
From the Principal's Desk:
- With the two snow days we have used, we will now be IN SESSION on both Monday, Jan 18th and Monday, Feb 15th.
- When we have a 2 hour delay, morning preschool is cancelled.
- Just a reminder that we have switched to School Messenger from School Reach, so when a call comes, you will be asked to press 1 to hear the message as it will not automatically play. If you are not receiving the School Messenger call, please contact Mrs. Mundy at 812-482-4485 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool Registration 2016-17
- All current Holy Trinity families with children enrolled in 3 yr preschool through grade eight have the opportunity to register in person at the Central Campus on Tuesday, January 19th and Wednesday, January 20th from 7:30am-4:00pm.
- Thursday, January 21st registration will open to the public. Registration will be held at the Central Campus gym. Courtyard doors will open at 5:30pm and actual registrations will be accepted beginning at 6:00pm.
- Preschool registration is "first come, first serve"
- In order to register and reserve a seat in the class, the registration form, a copy of birth certificate (if new to Holy Trinity), a copy of updated immunization record, non-refundable registration fee, and non-refundable August tuition payment must be received.
- Additional paperwork, which must be returned within 2 weeks, will be provided at the time of registration.
K-8 Registration 2017-17
- Registration for students in kindergarten through grade eight will begin on Monday, February 1st.
- Incoming kindergarten students will also be able to attend a Kindergarten Registration on Thursday, February 11th at 6:00pm at Central Campus in Endress Hall.
- A Re-Enrollment Form and envelope for each family will be sent home January 20th in the purple folders.
- To enroll, the completed Re-Enrollment Form and a non-refundable registration fee of $100 per student need to be returned in the provided envelope by Friday, February 19th.
2016-17 School Calendar was included in last week's Purple Folder. It can now be found on the school website under Current Families, Annual School Calendar.
Fish Fries are one way that we all pull together to benefit our school, not to mention, have some fun! Again, you will find a letter in tonight's purple folder, but here are a few things to note. You will definitely want to mark your calendar for Friday, Feb 12th and Friday, Feb 26th! Each family is kindly asked to help in a few ways:
- Provide a $5 donation to offset the cost of soft drinks/water for the evening - DUE Jan 20th.
- Purchase two tickets ($9 each) for both fish fries (4 tickets total for $36). More tickets are always available in the school offices.
- Help volunteer at the fish fries - this is easy and fun and is a great way to log some service hours!
- Spread the word - a flyer is included in the Purple Folder for you to share with others!
School Choice Scholarship (Voucher) Forms
If you receive the School Choice Scholarship, please print, sign, and date the form included in the Purple Folder this evening. It is an updated award letter from the Department of Education. Please return the completed form in the provided envelope to the school office by Jan 14th. As always, if you have any questions, please contact me! Thank you!
Want to help the school earn some free money?
We have just the opportunity for you! Tonight, each student is receiving a booklet that contains eight (8) cards which require an address. All the families have to do is give the name and address of family members/family/ friends and return the cards to the school office. When the students return the booklet with at least 7 of the address cards filled out, they will receive a stuffed animal. Nothing else to it! The school receive $5 per booklet that is returned. These address cards are then mailed out with information for magazine subscriptions, but there is NO obligation to purchase! Thanks!
The HOOT and Catholic Schools Week (CSW) 2016!
Friday, January 29th - Crazy Saint Spirit Day
We are kicking off the week with all out crazy purple, gold, and white spirit and a pep session
Saturday, January 30th - The HOOT!
It's not too late if you want to have a hoot at The HOOT! We still have a few tickets available at the Central Campus School Office, which can be purchased during school hours.
You will also want to make note of The HOOT Auction PRE-SALE Items, which are in the Purple Folders! These are fun experiences that the kids really look forward to! I know I can't wait to see who my Principal for the Day is!!!
Monday, February 1st - Celebrating the Community of Holy Trinity Catholic School
Students and staff will be receiving a new spirit shirt to be worn today to show unity as one school community, regardless of campus! We also want to celebrate the unity we have with our school parents and are starting our day off with Pancakes with Parents. We continue to celebrate our school community in faith as we have All School Mass at 9:00am, all are welcome to join us following breakfast!
*Please see Purple Folder for more information on Pancakes with Parents, as well as the note from Mr. Lemen regarding transportation that morning.
Tuesday, February 2nd - Celebrating our Students!
What better way to have a little fun with our students than to have a pj day! We will also be working on a Prayer Wall at each campus that brings all of our students prayer requests to center focus.
Wednesday, February 3rd - Celebrating our Nation!
Wear red, white, and blue to celebrate being a part of our nation! The 8th grade class, as the highest grade in the school, will be attending the CSW Mass at St. Benedict Cathedral with Bishop Thompson, whom I am certain will ask them how they can practice the Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy to help those in need in our nation and beyond. As part of the We continue our celebrations into the evening with our Skate Party!
Thursday, February 4th - Celebrating Vocations!
What do priests, sisters, and many religious have in common? Why, they often wear black and white! So, search the closets, it is all things black and white today! We wrap up our week with the students at our Mardi Gras celebration this evening, which will take place at St. Joseph Parish Center, and features fun minute to win it games!
Friday, February 5th - Celebrating our Staff!
What better way to celebrate our staff than to have NO School for students! I encourage you to send a note to school staff members thanking them for all they do! This is an awesome group of individuals, from our maintenance and cafeteria staff, the administrative assistants, all teaching and support staff Professional Development Day for Staff
A Note from Mr. Lemen:
On Monday, February 1st, we will be having our Pancakes with Parents event to kick off Catholic Schools Week. This breakfast will take place in the cafeteria and gymnasium of Central Campus. All students who are normally dropped off by parents at East Campus are asked to be dropped off at Central Campus on this day. We are hopeful that all parents will stay for breakfast and the mass that is to follow, but understand that this event may not fit in to everyone's morning. Any students who typically ride the GJCS buses to 10th Street School can still do so, as our bus will pick them up and shuttle straight to Central Campus. All Central Campus routines will stay the same.
In an effort to keep the flow of the parking lot as safe and efficient as possible, parents are asked to enter Central Campus through the drive behind the school, off of Lechner Lane. If parents do not wish to have breakfast, they may follow the normal car line (attached) and exit back onto Lechner Lane. Those parents who wish to stay for breakfast may park in any of the parking spaces available in the main and upper parking lots.
Parents and students will be walking through the parking lot to enter the school, so please be mindful as you travel through.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.