By Brendon Eng
J Cole is a singer/ rapper that has been singing for a couple of years now. He first started off when Jay Z Roc Nation label signed him. J Cole was born in Germany but raised in North Carolina. J Cole was always a good student. J Cole first started to get his fame when Jay-Z asked him to to contribute to his album The Blueprint 3. That same exact year J Cole released his mix tape "The Warm Up." J Cole was starting to become famous and starting to get recognition. In 2011 Roc Nation released the debut of J Cole called "Cole World." Now he is one of the most famous rappers. He released his new album 2014 Forest Hills Drive in 2014. J Cole sold over 1.5 Million copies of this album. This album is one of his first albums to reach over 1 million album sales. J Cole is still making his way to the top but is close there.
J Cole attended at Terry Sanford High School in North Carolina for high school. When he graduated from there he then attended St. Johns University in Jamaica New York where he hoped to pursue his music career there.
J Cole has released a couple of albums in his career including 2014 Forest Hills Drive, Cole World: The Sideline Story, and Born Sinner. J Cole has not only released albums but a total of 3 mix tapes including The Come Up, The Warm Up, and Friday Night Lights.
- 2015-Billboard Music Award for Top Rap Album
- 2011-BET Hip Hop Award for Best Mix tape
- 2015-BET Hip Hop for Best Album of the Year
- 2015-BET Hip Hop for Best Live Performer
- Real name is Jermaine Lamarr Cole
- J Cole original rap names were Blaza and Therapist
- Produced his own music with his mother at the age of 15
- Jay-Z delayed J Coles album Cole Word so he can be on the track
- J Coles other jobs were a bill collector and an as salesman for a newspaper.
- Also worked at a skating rink and dressed as a kangaroo
"As we grow up we realize it becomes less important to have tons of friends & more important to have real ones."- J Cole
J. Cole - Power Trip (Live on Letterman)