Characteristics and Classification
- Flagella is a hairlike structure that acts like an organelle in the cells of many living organisms.
- They look like a small tail
- Characteristics of Protozoan group Mastigophora.
- Constructed of numerous sub-units of the protein Flagellin.
- May be attached singly or in groups
- Moves in un-ordinary motion
Habitat of Flagella
Flagella is located at the end of the bacterium and carry out either a spiral or lashing movement. Flagella also brings food into the animal of propels the cell to a new environment.