Falcon Ridge Family Updates
January 23, 2023
News and Tidbits
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Did you know? The Falcon Ridge Merch Store is fully operational. Click here if you would like to place an order.
As a reminder, Brown Bus has adjusted the first two bus stop times due to construction. Please check the brown bus schedule on the website to see updated stop times. As we approach the winter season please be mindful of driving conditions. Please note that due to inclement weather (snow, slick roads, etc.) and the traffic delays caused by the inclement weather that routes could possibly be running :15 minute +/- late. Please be patient, prepared and plan accordingly.
Also, please remember to send warm outerwear for recess and Fit Club. Even though it is winter, we still try to provide opportunities for the students to go outside for fresh air, sunshine, and exercise. Research has shown this benefits learning.
Our theme this year is Keep on Truckin'. Our character development will focus on a growth mindset. This month's character trait is responsibility. Be sure and ask your student if he/she has earned a Falcon Card.
We are glad you have chosen Falcon Ridge Charter School as your school of choice. We are honored to partner with you in your child's education.
Keep on Truckin',
Today is Business Manager Appreciation Day!
Happy Birthday to Our Staff!
Mrs. Thurston ~ 1/23
Our goal is to provide an academic environment free of distractions being conducive to learning and a social environment that supports the development of kind and respectful relationships. Use of any electronic devices such as cell phones must be turned off and in your backpack at all times. Any student using their phone or any electronic device other than before or after school will have them confiscated. If a student needs to contact a parent, he or she should come to the office. Conversely, if a parent needs to contact a student, he or she should contact the office.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
· Students can be dropped off for school at 7:50 am. Before that time, there is no supervision for students.
· When dropping off/picking up students, please be patient and drive slowly. Safety is a top priority for us.
· We start dismissal at 2:45 pm. Dismissal takes some time, so please don’t be concerned if students aren’t coming outside right away.
· If you are picking up your student, please wait in your car until your student comes to you. Students being picked up are dismissed last, so please be patient.
· If you are parking and walking to the front door to pick up your student, please be aware that the small parking lot west of the school is closed during dismissal. This is to protect students exiting to school buses. Please park in the larger parking lot, walk to the front of the school, and walk your student to your car. Students are not allowed to walk through the buses or the car pick up line by themselves.
· Please pick up your student on time. Students not picked up on time wait with a staff member, so please try to be prompt.
Dismissal Changes--If your student has a change in their normal dismissal plan, please follow these guidelines:
· If you know about the change before school starts, send a note with the student for the teacher.
· If you know about the change after school starts and before 12:00 pm, please email the teacher directly (for middle school, email the 8th period teacher.)
· If dismissal changes happen after 12:00 pm, please email the office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Please try to take care of all dismissal changes by 2:00 pm. If there is an emergency and a dismissal change needs to happen after 2:00 pm, please call the school office. Messages will be checked before final dismissal, but we will not have time to return phone calls.
Average Daily Attendance
K - 94.79%
1st - 90.09%
2nd - 92.67%
3rd - 93.30%
4th - 90.15%
5th - 91.67%
6th - 97.35%
7th - 97.66%
8th - 93.95%
Parents, the PTO shares information and events on their PTO Facebook page. The group is called "Falcon Ridge PTO & Parents" and should be accessible via this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/319697921566543/.
Resources for Parents
Good Manners for Kids to Have
- Saying “thank you” after something is received, given or exchanged.
- Using the word “please” when you’re asking for help or would like to receive something you want or need.
- Looking people in the eye when you greet them or if they’re talking to you. (Once toddlers master please and thank you, then begin working on eye-contact.)
- Greeting others with “hello” or “goodbye” as well as responding to someone when they greet you.
- Saying “I’m sorry” or “excuse me.”
- Holding the door open for others.
- Not speaking over others, but waiting until it’s their turn to talk.
1/24 ~ Boys Basketball Game at Forge International @ 4:30p.m.
1/26 ~ Boys Basketball Home Game @ 4:00p.m.
2/1 - STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
2/2 - Boys Basketball Game at Riverstone (Time TBD)
2/7 - Boys Basketball Game at Idaho City (Time TBD)
2/7 - School Board Meeting at 6:30p.m.
2/9 - Boys Basketball Home Game @ 4:00p.m.
STEM Club Dates
Student Dress Code
In an effort to provide a safe and orderly school environment for your children, we will expect the following dress guidelines followed by the students of Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Our focus at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School is to create an educational atmosphere with the fewest disruptions.
1. Gang attire of any kind is strictly prohibited, ie. Garments that are suggestive or garments that advertise illegal substances or obscene statements are not allowed.
2. Brief garments such as halter tops, bare midriffs, tube tops, net tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and plunging necklines (front or back) are not appropriate. All shirts must be wider than three adult fingers on the shoulder. Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length are inappropriate.
3. Pajamas or slippers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
4. Makeup (lipstick, rouge, blush, eye makeup) are not allowed at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Blemish correction and clear lip gloss are acceptable.
5. Hair color will be within the natural color spectrum (brown, black, blonde or auburn.)
6. No pierced jewelry, other than in the ears, will be permitted.
7. Students will wear or change into athletic shoes for P.E.
8. No hats indoors except for special spirit days.