Weekly Newsletter - May 10, 2018
He is risen! Alleluia!
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a safe and prayerful learning environment, enveloped by an intimate community of active and faithful families.
Revisiting this Bible Verse for our last Month of the year
From the Principal
Happy Easter, everyone!
This Sunday will be the 7th Sunday of the Easter Season, which comes to a close on Sunday, May 20th at Pentecost Sunday. We are given 50 days from Easter Sunday to Pentecost Sunday for the miracle of Easter Day to be absorbed. Today, is the Feast of the Ascension of the Lord. We will hear about His ascension into heaven during the readings at Mass on Sunday. As a child, I could easily image Jesus rising into the clouds of heaven. As an adult, this image still remains with me as something we are all hoping to experience one day. This is not the end, but just the beginning. We are not to see the Easter Season as over. We are to live as if it were Easter all the time. This is our challenge as Christians. I am thankful to be in a Catholic school where staff, faculty, students, and parents all work together for the greater glory of God!
In Christ's Service,
Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati
Our Frassati Award namesake...
toward the top!
Quotes to Ponder
So great was my joy in God that I took no heed of looking at the angels and the saints, because all their goodness and all their beauty was from Him and in Him.
- St. Angela of Foligno
Take a beautiful soul as your model and walk in its footsteps at all costs.
-St. Joseph Marello
At St. Joseph Catholic School, we are striving to become missionary disciples by bringing others to Christ, through the recognition of what is beautiful around us each and every day, and reflecting that beauty in our actions.
Latin and Greek Root Challenge
Action Needed: Choose a FACTS Payment Plan
The business office is preparing tuition invoices for the upcoming school year. If you have not completed a FACTS payment plan, you need to do so now. You can find the link in your Parentsweb account. Click on the FACTS link and then the FACTS Home link.
Points to note:
- All families need to have a FACTS payment plan on file. If you intend to make a one time payment, you can set-up a one time payment plan. You will incur no fees if you choose this option. You will no longer have to remember to send a check to the school office. The amount will be debited from the account you enter in the system. If your family has made special arrangements with the school office, please disregard. If you feel your family needs special consideration, please contact the school office asap so arrangements can be made. If you do not contact the school office and you do not have a plan on file with FACTS, the business office does not have a way to bill you for your tuition therefore your child(ren) are not fully registered for the upcoming school year. Please take a couple of minutes to create the plan.
- You can still pay a portion of the tuition upfront. The deadline to make this payment is MAY 15th. You will need to send a check to the school office on or before this date. Payments received after his date will not be reflected in the Payment Assessment Fee. Please contact Mary Lewis at 817-419-6800 with any questions or concerns.
- If you have not completed the reenrollment process, please contact the business office asap to make arrangements for tuition payment after the deadline.
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Friday, May 11th is Field Day! You may also drop off garage sale items. Please see the Thursday Folder for more important details on both.
- Wednesday, May 16th will be the last school Mass for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The last day of school will be May 25th with parties and a noon dismissal.
- Time to order Yearbooks! The deadline is May 25th. You will need to enter our St. Joseph Yearbook ID Code: 9390518 when using this link to order: https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/
- On June 7th at 8:00 pm come out to Levitt Pavilion for a FREE family movie night, as we sing-a-long to "Frozen"! Check out the Thursday Folder for details.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of "The Page" below. Thank you!
- Don't think Box Tops matter even over the summer? They do! Just by clipping these from the items our families use everyday, the school received a check for $409.80! We will be receiving one more check before the school year is over. Please save these for us! Imagine if everyone did this, how much we could receive.
Home and School Association (HSA)
- On Friday, May 11th at 8:00 am, come join HSA in the library to plan for our annual gala, AK2R 2018! We need your help to make this event happen. Thank you! (More details in the Thursday Folder.)
- Don't forget to clip box tops all during the summer months. We will start the process all over again come this August. Thank you to everyone taking the time to do this for the school!
- Looking for uniform pieces? Need to sell some pieces your child has outgrown? There is a Facebook page for that: SJCS Online Uniform Resale.
- It's never too late to join the HSA! Come by the school office to pick up a form. The dues are $15.00 which are used to support the school.
car line observations
- Please do not disregard the cones that are placed around the parking lots. These are provided to help keep our students safe.
- It is very important that cars are not left unattended in the car line. Please park your car in the large lot beside the field if you need to leave your vehicle.
- Please remember that if you are walking your child into the school building, you are to park in the large lot in front of the field. Foot traffic should not be occurring in the very front parking lot, even though there is a defined crosswalk. It is dangerous to be walking between the cars.
- For the safety of all, please be aware of your speed as you move through the parking lots.
- Please be patient with friends and extended family members who drop off and pick up students. Many times they have not been informed of the proper way to navigate the car line. We do reach out to families after arrival and dismissal who seem to not understand the car line pattern.
- If you have a friend or extended family member picking up your child, please take a minute to explain the procedures to them. Please reference the diagram. Thank you!
- We would ask that a cell phone not be in your hand while driving in the car line. We all know it only takes one sudden distraction to alter lives forever.
KNIGHTS IN ACTION!
The work of human hands
These 8th grade students helped 2nd grade prepare hosts for Mass this week.
These 8th graders made a final trip to the board in solidarity during Ms. Gavin's math class this week.
These are the moments they will always remember.
All of 2nd grade gathered in the cafeteria this week to work on several First Holy Communion projects.
Ms. Doskocil's class enjoyed working in groups to test their language knowledge.
Laws in "Action"
Ms. Coomer's students cleverly portrayed topics of discussion in social studies.
Our violinists have really flourished this year! They played beautifully this week. We look forward to hearing more from them!
Our band students continue to improve by leaps and bounds! There were many toes tapping and hands clapping at the concert. Well done!
Thank you, Knights, for leading us in prayer at our last HSA meeting of the school year.
| || |
Beauty Around Campus
Walking through the classrooms and the halls reveals learning and creative beauty all around. Come spend a minute enjoying the talents with which our students are blessed. Be sure to grab a marble and give the coasters a try!
Calling all SJCS Alumni!
Do you have any information you would like to share with the entire Knight Community? We would love that as well! Please send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a Knight - Forever a Knight!
A Summer Camp Opportunity at NCHS
My name is Ray Depta. For those of you who do not know me, I am the Head Coach of the robotics team at Nolan Catholic High School, the Robo Vikes.
Each summer we hold a summer camp for upcoming 6-8th graders. This summer it will be here at Nolan on June 4-8th from 9:00 am - 12 noon.
Link to sign up:
June 4th to June 8th / Monday thru Friday
Grades: 6 - 8 (LIMIT 20 MAX)
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sr. Mary Anthony Nguyen, OP and Sr. Maria Theresa Pham, OP
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Parish
- The St. Joseph Parish Expo-Carnival is happening Saturday, April 28th on the church and school grounds. See the Thursday Folder for details. Come join the fun!
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is occurring after daily Mass in the Chapel until 5:45pm. Come spend some time with our Lord.
- Please enjoy this link to a lovely article in the North Texas Catholic about the pastor of St. Joseph Parish, Fr. Kelley: https://t.co/3ItrotxIyf
St. Joseph Parish Conference:
Fullness of truth Conference-July 13th and 14th
Fullness of Truth invites you to their “Dynamic, Contagious Catholics!: Bringing Loved Ones Back to the Fullness of Truth”conference, at St. Joseph Catholic Community in Arlington, Texas, July 13th & 14th, 2018. Renown speakers include: FR. MITCH PACWA (EWTN); DR. MARCELLINO D’AMBROSIO (Crossroads Initiative); JESSE ROMERO (Radio Host), and SALLY ROBB (Author). You can't keep the faith unless you give it away! That's a fact. To be a Christian is to be an evangelizer, and when the Catholic Church calls us to a "New Evangelization", that's simply a reminder of what's always been true, and to which we've been sacramentally called. The great news is this: YOU CAN DO IT- you can become a "contagious" unifying messenger of love and truth - and our dynamic conference will show you how! No need for some deep, new knowledge, and you certainly don't need to master a new set of skills. You've already been equipped because evangelization for Catholics, is simply active love and friendship raised up to the highest level. Together, we will enter into a deeper friendship with Christ, and you'll simply want to share this gift of companionship and joy daily with a wider circle of friends and family. Bring them into the Fullness of Truth, Love and Grace of the Catholic Church!
Register ONLINE HERE! & for more details, visit: FullnessOfTruth.org or call toll free: 877.218.7884 or 877.21.TRUTH.
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.