Sunset Valley Elementary 4/6/2018
- Our 3rd graders and Jaguar Choir did a GREAT JOB last night at the choir performance!!!
- Congratulations to our Resource Aides who will represent SVE and all of LSR7 at the April 12th Board Meeting for National Playground Safety Week. We have a great staff!!
- MAP Testing started this week and our students are off to a great start! Here is the testing schedule.
- Thursday, April 12th is Sunset Valley fundraiser day at Papa John's! A flyer with our code will be coming home with your student on Monday, April 9th. This is our last Papa John's Pizza fundraiser of the 2017-18 school year. We appreciate your continued support of SVE!
- Summer Learning Course Catalog Information can be found here.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Janice Phelan for her recognition at the recent Missouri Schools Public Relations Conference! Mrs. Phelan is the "voice" of LSR7, My kids love hearing her voice because that usually means a Snow Day!!
LS R-7 School District, LS Police Department join forces to present A Community Conversation on School Safety
The community is invited to attend A Community Conversation on School Safety from 6:30 to 8 p.m. April 25 at the Lee’s Summit City Hall, 220 SE Green St. The event is co-hosted by the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District and the Lee’s Summit Police Department.
Police and school officials will present information about school and community safety efforts, followed by a question-and-answer session featuring a panel including leaders from both organizations.
Presenters and panelists at A Community Conversation on School Safety will include Dr. Dennis L. Carpenter, Lee’s Summit R-7 superintendent; Travis Forbes, Lee’s Summit Police Department chief; Sgt. Chris Depue, Lee’s Summit Police Department public information officer; Dr. Rexanne Hill, Lee’s Summit R-7 director of student services; and Ryan Hall, Lee’s Summit R-7 supervisor of safety and environmental services.
The community event will be videotaped by the City of Lee’s Summit and shared by both organizations following the meeting.For more information about Lee’s Summit R-7 school safety efforts, you may visit the district’s webpage