Career Center Weekly Update
February 8, 2016
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Interning in New York City? Where Are You Going To Live?
Consider Educational Housing Services!
All EHS Residences Feature:
- Furnished Rooms with Private Bathrooms
- Free: WIFI, Cable TV, and Air Conditioning
- 24-Hour Security, Complimentary Sightseeing Events and more!
Have an unforgettable summer living with interns from around the world. Call EHS for more information at (888) 255-0296 or visit http://studenthousing.org/and/university
II. UPCOMING EVENTS
Programs this week:
Tuesday, February 9th
6:00 - 7:30pm
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
2:30 - 4:00 pm
Clark Howell Hall, Room 246 Computer Lab
*Open to first and second year students only
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
How to stand out after a Career Fair
Congratulations! You updated your resume, dressed up, prepared your elevator speech and mastered the art of small talk with recruiters and employers. It took hard work and now the Career Fair has come and gone.
Now that you have connected with the recruiters and passed out your resume, you may be scratching your head asking, “What’s next?”
Why critics are wrong about liberal arts degrees
Time to debunk some myths.
For the last time: No, earning a degree in English, philosophy, art history, name-your-humanities-disciplinewill not condemn you to a lifetime of unemployment and poverty.
Read the entire article on Fortune.com.
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.