HLES Parent Newsletter
- Thank you to all who joined us for our McTeacher's night! McDonald's came to Round-Up in December and presented us with a check for $1000.00 for our school!
- We had a great turn-out for our Model Mustangs and our 5th grade performance in December. Thank you to everyone who attended as we recognized and honored our students!
- January is School Board Appreciation month. Each campus is honoring one of our board members, and ours is Gary Boshears! We are so thankful for his commitment to HLES and to his commitment to MFISD.
Our Mustang Way trait for the month is "Be Proactive". We will be recognizing students on January 24th for our Model Mustangs.
As we continue with our focus on literacy, please be sure to read with your student daily and also encourage them to read independently. Please also review the document below- "Literacy Information for Parents".
TPRI/Tejas Lee testing for K-2 and BAS testing for K-5 is January 8-January 25.
- Our school day begins at 7:45 am and ends at 3:15 pm. School doors open at 7:15 am for breakfast, and we begin instruction in classrooms promptly at 7:45 am. Please plan to have your children arrive at school as close to 7:15 am as possible so that they have ample time to eat without missing instructional time.
- We ask that parents who drop off their children in the morning do not drop them off earlier than 7:15 am, because we do not have staff available for supervision until that time. You are more than welcome to come earlier that 7:15 am, but if you do, please wait at the picnic tables with your student until our staff is available to supervise.
- Every Friday morning, we have Round-Up (our morning meeting). Round-Up will begin at 7:30 am and end at 7:50 am. If your student is a car rider, please plan to bring them to school at 7:15 am on Fridays so that they won’t miss out on any of the fun.
- Please continue to check Thursday folders for important information coming home. As we continue our focus on literacy, please be sure to read with your student daily and encourage them to read independently as well.
- It is never too late to volunteer! If you would like to be a volunteer at Highland Lakes, please call the office and we will get you plugged in.
- Should your student’s transportation/pick-up need to change, please be sure to communicate that to their teacher in the planner. If the transportation/pick-up needs to be changed during the school day, please be sure to call the office before 2:30. If your student needs to take a different bus, it must be approved by the transportation department. The number to transportation is 830-798-2300.
One Novel Read Celebration
January is School Board Appreciation Month
January 7 - Student Holiday and Teacher In-Service
January 8 - First Day of Spring Semester
January 8 - 25: TPRI/Tejas Lee & BAS Testing Window
January 14 - 25: Pennies for Patients
January 10 - Report Cards go home in Thursday Folders
January 21 - School Board Meeting
January 24 - Model Mustangs & One Novel Read Celebration Night (starting at 5:45 pm)
January 29 - UIL Writing
February 2 - District UIL Meet