A Word from WGECC
A look at what's going on at William Gay ECC, May, 2017
WGECC End of Year Events
- 5/8/2017 9am Transition visit for all students attending Will Rogers 17-18
- 5/9/2017 8:45 Transition visit for all Jefferson students attending William Gay 17-18
- 5/10/2017 9am Transition visit for all students attending Emerson or Edmond Doyle 17-18
- 5/11/2017 5:30 Red Hall Spring Celebration at S. Arch Thompson Auditorium
- 6:30 Blue Hall Spring Celebration at S. arch Thompson Auditorium
- 5/12/2017 9:00 Movie Day - All William Gay students will travel to Cinema 69 to see The Smurfs.
- 5/17/2017 TBA Super Kids Day - We will have fun activities for students to play all day including three inflatables.
- 5/18/2017 Perfect Attendance awards, Candy Bar Fundraiser awards ceremony, Pie in the Face 9:30 Blue Hall 10:30 Red Hall We will do the Pie in the Face at both.
Planning Forms and Transition Visits
Planning forms for next school year have gone out and are being returned. If you have not returned the blue planning form, we need those back right away. This is how we let the elementary schools know who is planning on attending their school next year. It "reserves" you a spot until you enroll in late July. If you need another form, or have questions, please call the school office at (918) 423-6229.
Based on the planning form, we are scheduling visits to each of the elementary schools to take the students that have signed up there to see their future school. If we don't have your child's planning form, we will not be able to take them on the visit. If your child is moving out of district this next year or spending another year with us, please write that along with their name on their form and return it to us.
Super Kids Day
Candy Bar Fundraiser
Thank you to everyone who helped make our candy bar fundraiser a success. We sold over 400 boxes of candy bars and helped the school PTO raise about $11,000. That money is used to pay for our Jasmine Moran field trip, our Super Kids day, Prizes for the fundraiser, and "hopefully" some improvements around the school. We appreciate all the hard work that everyone did to make this fundraiser a success.
The following classes will have their show at the appointed time:
Red Hall - 5:30 Logan, Hampton, Moore, Miller and Leibfried
Blue Hall - 6:30 Faber, Hass, Taylor, Savala, and Taylor
We will also have a photo opportunity in the front lobby so be sure and stop with your child and snap a few "selfies" to commemorate their year.