CMS PIRATE PRESS
We have completed an entire quarter and just finished the first week of the 2nd quarter. Please encourage your student(s) to work hard and finish the semester strong! The holidays will be here before we know it, and this can cause students to lose focus.
Please make sure to consistently check the Home Access Center (HAC) to stay updated on your student's grades! There is a great way to know what assignments students have and to check progress. HAC can be accessed from our website, and there is now an app!
Please send your students to school with a cloth mask if possible. We have many students coming to school with disposable masks that break easily.
Virtual students can pick up their report cards in the CMS office.
The Blimey Notes (CMS Newsletter) is being sent home with students on October 30, 2020! Ask your students for a copy.
I want to say I am thankful that I have the privilege of working with your students and our CMS staff on a daily basis. CMS is a wonderful place, and I appreciate the opportunity to serve students here. With the holidays approaching, I hope you are able to slow down and enjoy time with family and friends. The days can be long, but the years definitely fly by!
*Please note that dates/times may change throughout the month.
- We celebrate our custodians, bus drivers, and cafeteria staff in October.
- We had a great Red Ribbon Week with many drug awareness activities, videos, and speakers. We really wanted students to understand the importance of the week by focusing on the purpose behind it.
- We have had a great football season with basketball right around the corner.
- We had a fun Halloween of dressing up!
We want to keep our schools open and students in school. Please monitor your students' health/wellness at home before sending them to school every day. If your child has one or more of the following symptoms, please do not send them to school until they are resolved:
- 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher temperature when taken by mouth
- Sore throat
- Uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline)
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
- Chambers Bank loan officers, JR McPhate & Darrel Peters
- State Representative Charlene Fite
- Van Buren Police Sergeant Chris Ho
We look forward to exploring a variety of careers and pathways of life throughout the 2nd quarter!
Canned Food/Non-Perishables Drive
CMS PTA will be sponsoring a canned food/non-perishable drive to benefit local families during the holidays. There will be a competition by grade! The grade that brings in the most items will receive an extra recess! Students will put their donations in the marked boxes in the main hallway. Please ensure all canned items are in date!
Cedarville Schools will have a "virtual day" for students the Monday before Thanksgiving. This was a change made to the district calendar after the start of school was pushed back. Students are not required to come to school, but they will complete their work virtually. The work will be placed in Google Classroom and delivered to students in the same methods as in the classroom.
If there are concerns about internet access, please contact the CMS office.
11/10: JG/SG/SB @ home (Prairie Grove) 5:00
11/11: 7/8G/7B @ West Fork 4:00
11/12: JG/JB/SG/SB @ Mulberry 4:00
11/17: JB/SG/SB @ home (Lifeway Christian) 5:00
11/18: 7/8G/7B @ home (West Fork) 4:00
11/19: JG/JB/SG/SB @ Ozark 4:00
11/23: JvB/SG/SB @ Lavaca 5:30
11/24: JB/SG/SB @ home (Pea Ridge) 4:00
11/30: 7/8G/JG/JB @ home (Lincoln) 5:00
December 16, 2020
December 21st & 22nd
Students will complete work online these days.
December 23-January 3
Classes Resume January 4th