Boys & Girls Club
Greater Kansas City Wellness Program
Weight Watchers Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Prep time: 14 min
Cook time: 35 min
• 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour, divided
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp table salt
• 1 large egg(s)
• 1 cup(s) sugar, divided
• 3/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup(s) fat free skim milk, divided
• 2 cup(s) fresh blueberries, washed and picked over
• 2 Tbsp salted butter, melted
• Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place muffin liners in a 12-hole muffin tin.
• In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
• Using an electric mixer, beat egg with 3/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and beat until thoroughly combined; blend in vanilla extract.
• Add half of flour mixture and half of milk to sugar mixture; beat until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture and milk; beat until smooth.
• Fold in blueberries and fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full; set aside.
• To make streusel topping, in a small bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup each of sugar and flour. Pour in melted butter and combine with fingertips. Divide crumb mixture over muffins; gently press into top of muffin batter with fingertips.
• Bake until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pans for about 10 to 15 minutes and then transfer muffins onto racks to cool completely. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. Trademarks used under license by WeightWatchers.com, Inc.
© 2016 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2016 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.