Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
Update for September 19, 2014
A Stanford Splash Alert From Academic Counseling
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiries!
Emergency Drills…Coming This Week at Our Byron Site
- Students, especially the younger ones, will be carefully and gently walked through what we do prior to and during the earthquake and fire drill.
- Monday and Wednesday classes will only participate in an earthquake drill which will be held at 9:45 a.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday will participate in both an earthquake and a fire drill that is scheduled for 10:15 a.m.
- All parents and guardians on campus are expected to participate in the drill as well.
- Moving forward, there will be a drill one time each month on the same day and time as Excelsior Middle School.
- The entire drill should only take a few minutes.
- You are welcome to share this information with your children before their day at school.
In the future, we will not announce upcoming drills, but wanted you to be aware for this upcoming week of "practice." Thank you!
Is Your Child's Birthday Coming Up Soon?
Lost and Found Box
Has your child left something behind while at school? A lunch box? A water bottle?
Stop by the Resource Room (Room 13) and take a peek inside the Lost and Found Box. Your missing item just might be there!
Grades TK - 2 (and Higher): Reading Eggs - A Wonderful Resource
Interested in signing your child up for Reading Eggs?
Reading Eggs is a supplemental, fun learn-to-read online program for TK - 6th grade students. Students enjoy animation, games, and songs while progressing at their own pace and earning rewards for skill-building. The program starts with emergent reading skills (most common sounds first) and progresses through 6th grade reading and writing skills. There are actually two programs available to you within Reading Eggs: Reading Eggs (for TK - 2nd) and Reading Eggspress (for 3rd - 6th).
Reading Eggs is interactive and fun! Students enjoy animation, games, and songs while progressing at their own pace and earning rewards for skill-building. We've heard a lot of great feedback from families who have used the program in the past and/or had a trial subscription.
This pdf provides more information about the Reading Eggs program: http://assets.readingeggsassets.com/brochures/teachers_brochure_us-fp-79c86530.pdf
TO SIGN UP: In order to sign up for this resource, please go to the Vista Oaks website (http://www.vistaoaks.net/) and find "Reading Eggs" under the "Parent Resources" drop-down menu. After you sign up there, I will add you and your child to our account and you will receive an email with your log-in information.
If you have any other questions, please contact Laura at email@example.com.
Grades 6 - 8: Planning for Upcoming Activities
- Interested in helping? We need parent volunteers to help make this a success. Please email Lillian Quinata if you would like to help get this started and/or help during the activities.
- What is the time commitment? The time commitment could vary based on interest, need, and availability. Volunteers could rotate through activities and events, committing to just one or all.
- How do I get more information? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School: New Enrichment Opportunities
These opportunities began on Wednesday, September 17, but email Charmaine if your student is interested.
- High School Photography: Wednesday mornings from 9:00 - 10:20
- Mock Trial (7th - 12th grade): Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 - 2:50
- Prom Planning Committee: Alternating Wednesday afternoons from 3:00 - 4:00
- Leadership Team: Alternating Wednesday afternoons from 3:00 - 4:00
Please see the information below to learn more. If you have questions, please contact Charmaine Abasolo at email@example.com.