Updated November 2023
2023-2024 Current Offerings
Universal Design for Learning Professional Learning Community - Cycle 2
Components of the exploration community will include in-person and virtual professional learning experiences with MCIU and Cabrini University staff and opportunities for classroom, school, or district consultations.
Audience: We encourage teacher and building administrator teams to explore UDL in a supportive, safe space.
- Thursday, January 18, 2024 (In-Person Learning Session) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Thursday, February 15, 2024 (Webinar) 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Thursday, March 14, 2024 (In-Person Learning Session) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Thursday, April 18, 2024 (Webinar) 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Thursday, May 9, 2024 (In-Person Learning Session) 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
To register, please visit Go Sign Me Up.
Choose Your Own Adventure: Exploring Universal Design for Learning at Evansburg State Park
Audience: K-12 teachers, administrators, coaches
Date: May 30, 2024
Two options to engage in this learning session:
- AM Session: 8:30 am - 11:30 am
- Full Day 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
In the event of inclement weather, we have a rain date scheduled: Wednesday, June 5, 2024. Participants will be notified of any changes at the email address used to register for this event.
To register, please visit Go Sign Me Up
UDL Networking Opportunities
UDL Practioner Network
Audience: Practioners exploring and implementing UDL.
Want to hear how others are implementing UDL in their classroom? Where are others finding success? What lessons have been learned?
Collaborate and share your ideas, resources, and experiences with others in the UDL Practioner Network.
All sessions will be virtual from 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
Please register for each session individually:
Asynchronous Learning Opportunity
This is a self-paced course that provides facilitator feedback. Participants will complete the course using the online platform Thinkific.
The Introduction to Universal Design for learning course was designed to engage participants in an exploration of the foundations of Universal Design for Learning. Focusing on the three principles and core concepts of UDL, participants will engage in discussions, reflections, and activities that allow them to explore the UDL framework to design equitable and accessible learning experiences for all learners.
Course Learning Goals:
- Understand the three principles of Universal Design for Learning and the role of the framework in intentional design to provide equitable and meaningful learning for all students
- Identify the four core concepts of UDL
- Understand the purpose and organization of the UDL guidelines and their role in the design process
- Author an original, grade-appropriate lesson, applying the UDL principles to address anticipated barriers and proactively design equitable learning pathways for all students
To register, visit Go Sign Me Up.