Week of March 24th
- This week begins 6th grade orientations (It's getting close for our 5th grade)
- Monday - YCMS
- Tuesday - SWMS
- Wednesday - GMS
- 3/24-3/25 - Support sessions have been canceled due to low enrollment.
- 3/24-3/28 - Star Reading and Math Testing (see Mrs. Reep's email for details) Please remind your students of the seriousness of this test administration prior to testing. Also, please remind students that we must remain quite in the building to assist with winning scores for testing classes.
- 3/24-3/28 - Intensive (Red) mCLASS progress monitoring
- 3/24-3/28 - Intensive (Pink & Blue) & Strategic (Yellow) AMC Progress Monitoring
- Wednesday 3/26 - Brief Staff Meeting in Media Center - Bring your iPad or laptop
- Friday 3/28 - 3rd nine weeks ends for students
- Monday - 3/31 - Pre-K Registration starts
- Monday - 3/31 - 3-5 ELA Test Prep Planning - teachers register through the workshop registration system (REQUIRED).
- April 3 (K-2), April 9 (3-5) Alyson Newton assignment modifications. Bring your iPad 3 -3:45 pm
Tier Plan Updates
This is result and tier III time.
Click below to watch our video
Monday, March 25th 2013 at 8am to Friday, March 29th 2013 at 10am
This is an online event.
Ms. Hill and Ms. Ijames Request your Presence
Ron L. Ensley mini-grants
Apply now for Ron L. Ensley mini-grants program
Teachers are encouraged to submit an application for the Ron L. Ensley mini-grants program sponsored by the Gaston County Education Foundation. Click below for the application. The deadline is Wednesday, April 16. If you have questions, contact Jennie Stultz, Education Foundation director, (704) 616-8613.
Reeds Diamond MOM Heart Pendant Contest
My name is Jeff Allen, Store Manager at REEDS Jewelers in Eastridge Mall. REEDS Jewelers will once again partner with local educators like you to promote writing skills as we host our 11th annual Mother’s Day Essay Contest in May 2014. The essay topic is simple and timely…“Why I Love My Mom.”
The contest is open to 4th and 5th grade students. One student will be selected from each school as a Grand Prize winner, based on grammar and penmanship to receive a Pink Sapphire and Diamond MOM Heart Pendant for his/her mother!
March Edition of Member Focus
Board of Education Meetings
The Gaston County Board of Education hold regular meetiongs. In addition to
airing live on Channel 21, the meeting will be available through the Ustream live video streaming website. To access the website, go to http://www.ustream.tv and search for “gastoncountyschools.”
Thanks to all of our Basketball Team and Cheer Squad
#8 -Ballin' Burris (Bus Driver/Custodian)
#4 -Mighty Maurer (Third grade teacher)
#3 -Flash McDowell (Tutor) - MVP
#24 -Wax-Em Watts (Pre-K teacher) - Coach
#12 -Bring It On Beckham (Second grade teacher)
#1 -Free Throw Phillips (5th grade Student Teacher)
#16 -Knockem Down Knox (Pre-K Teacher Assistant)
#35 -Winning Williams (5th grade Interim Teacher)
#40 -Game-on Griffin (Tutor)
#17 -Wild 'N Out Wallace (Assistant Principal) - Admin Contact and morale builder
#44 - Showstopper Smarr (Bus Driver/Custodian)
#6 - Amazing Armstrong (Teacher Assistant) - Staff Contact and game developer
#5 -Bombsell Black (3rd grade teacher)
#20 - Sizzlin Setzer (Instructional Facilitator)
#9 -Super Star Stroupe (Music Teacher)
#42 - Jammin Gingles (Teacher Assistant)
#43 -Ruthless Rice (Principal)
Jenny Carper - Coach