November 1, 2023
* Early dismissal @ 1:15 November 7th through the 17th.
* There is NO SCHOOL on November 10.
* Thanksgiving Break is November 20-24
ALTA VISTA NEWS
Parent-Teacher Conferences begin next week. These meetings present a wonderful opportunity for teachers and families to sit down together to discuss academic and social progress. It allows us to strengthen the partnership between school and home. A Parent-Teacher Conference is the perfect time for asking questions, sharing relevant information, calibrating expectations, and celebrating accomplishments.
Here are a few suggestions for making the most of this important time:
* Talk with your child before conferences about any concerns or questions. Ask what he would like you to talk about and what he thinks the teacher will say.
* Bring a short list of questions you would like to discuss. This will allow you to use the limited time efficiently and to avoid forgetting what was on your mind prior to the meeting.
* Keep and open mind – remember both you and the teacher want your child to succeed.
* After the conference talk with your child about what was discussed. Emphasize the positive and discuss plans to support any challenges.
Thank you for making the time to join us for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
EXTRA CANDY? WE'RE HAPPY TO HELP!
USD NEWS AND INFORMATION
Join the Union School District Team!
Get a full or part time position (Teaching, Instructional Assistant, Office, Food Service, and Extended Care positions). Apply today on EdJoin.
Become a noon duty aide. Contact the front office for more information.
HOME AND SCHOOL CLUB NEWS
See's Candy Holiday Fundraiser
Alta Vista Cares: Thanksgiving Food Drive
Help Alta Vista Feed Local Families this Thanksgiving
Alta Vista is partnering again with the Cupertino De Anza Lions Club in its community-based Thanksgiving food drive to provide 180 boxes filled with Thanksgiving food items for local families experiencing hunger or need this holiday season. Here is how you can help:
Donate non-perishable items. Please drop off donations of the following items to bins outside the cafeteria from November 6-17: 1) 2 lb bags of rice, 2) canned vegetables, 3) canned soup, 4) boxed mac and cheese, 5) peanut butter, 6) cranberry sauce, 7) spaghetti, 8) stuffing or 9) 1lb bags of dried beans.
Sponsor a family. Our popular Sponsor a Family program is back this year, where for a $50 tax-deductible donation you can provide enough funds for us to create, assemble and deliver a large box of turkey, all the fixings and lots of staples that will feed a family of 4 for Thanksgiving dinner and to fill their pantry for the coming weeks.
Volunteer. We need volunteers for the weekend of the Food Drive, November 18-20. We will be outside Lunardi’s asking shoppers for donations and assembling and delivering boxes from our Cupertino headquarters. Supervised children are welcome. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
Thank you for your support in providing much-needed food items to local families this Thanksgiving.