KP Student Connection
January 11, 2016
Things to KNOW
- Yearbook will meet today from 3-4pm in Ms. Pouliot’s room
- Lend-A-Hand will be meeting today from 3-4pm. Come join us as we plan for our next big event in February. We will meet in Ms. Marchese’s room right across from the small cafeteria. Hope to see you there!
- 12th -
- 8th Grade Hall Presentation of Studies, Emerald Per. 1, Amethyst Per. 2, Garnet Per. 3
- no late buses
- 13th - Wednesday will be a Tuesday/Friday schedule.
- 6th Grade Concert - 7PM with PTO Hot Chocolate to follow
- 14th - Chess Program - 6 to 7PM
- 15th - Garnet/Diamond Team Shelter Dinner - 6:30 to 7:45PM
- 18th - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
- 20th - End of Quarter 2
- 20th - Select Ensemble Concert - 7PM
- 21st - Year Book Group Picture Day
- 29th - Algebra I Midterm - periods 1, 2 & 3
Performance Music Student Information
Tuesday: Combined Band/Orchestra Rehearsal, Grade 6
Ski Club will begin on January 13th, end on February 10th.
REMINDER: Please do not bring your skies or boards on the school bus, drop off at the back of the school between 8:15-9:30am. Please, contact Karen Tiernan with any questions at Jerseygal6@aol.com.
KP Musical Information
Morning Drop Off Reminder:
School Start Time:
The first bell rings at 7:40 am. Due to a lack of supervision, students are not permitted in the building prior to this time unless they have a scheduled meeting with a staff member.
Parent/Guardian drop-off happens in the back of the building. For the safety of our students and to expedite bus arrivals, please remind your parents/guardians to drop you off in the circle at the Mohawk entrance at the back of the school. There will be adults there to usher you to their appropriate team area. Thank you.
For 8th Grade Families
Below is upcoming high school transition information.
- Jan. 12 - During the Day -- High School counselors meet with students to review the Program of Studies
- Jan. 20 -- Elective presentations to students by Career/Technical Education, Art, Music and World Language department supervisors
- Jan. 27 @ 7:00 pm -- Grade 8 Parent/Guardian Night at Hall High School
Students In Action
2016 National Geographic Bee
Congratulations to Meredith S. of the Sapphire Team. Meredith is the King Philip Middle School winner of the 2016 National Geographic Bee. Good luck, Meredith, on the qualifying test for the state competition! Sophia C. of the Turquoise Team was the runner-up. Grace W. represented the Diamond Team, Warren S., the Topaz Team, Mika O., the Opal Team, Lily S., the Ruby Team, Mia P., the Amethyst Team, Keenan B., the Emerald Team, and Brady T., the Garnet Team. It was an exciting competition, and we thought we were going to run out of questions! These young people made us all proud!