Jennifer DiDio Photography
Preparing for your Boudoir Session
1. What should I wear?
- 3 pairs of shoes: heels/boots. Nude heels w/ nude stockings = longer legs!
- 3 lingerie changes. “Girls” not like they used to be? Consider a bra that’s a little small, rigid cups to set them up and out!
- Corsets are great for shaping a waist and masking tummy concerns
- Possible dress to start your session (Jennifer has some for your choosing).
- Favorite jeans
2. Inspiration and resources
- Corsets - when corset shopping be aware that most Amazon corsets are shipped from China and are TINY! Fredericks of Hollywood & Corset Story create them for women of all sizes. Shipping times may take 2-4 business weeks.
- Unique lingerie - there's a great shop in DC called Le Bustiere that custom fits your corset right to you. Adoreme.com has some unique and sexy options if you're open to a subscription based lingerie company.
- Poses & lingerie ideas - we love Jennifer Williams, out of Vancouver, who has a great boudoir site. Check it out: http://jenniferwilliams.com
2. Last minute details
- False eyelashes - Target make up section (natural looking - no color or glitter)
- eyebrows & bikini area as you would like to see in portraits, shaved/waxed.
- neutral fingernails or polished without any chips in the polish
- winter time hair--tends to be dry/frizzes easy so a hot oil treatment a week prior helps
3. Feeling nervous?
That is to be expected! Everyone is nervous and everyone is self-conscious!
No one in Jennifer’s portfolio is a model. They all brought concerns about at least one, and usually several, parts of their body. They all have stretch marks and cellulite. They are all everyday women who wanted to surprise and delight their husbands! So take a deep breath and know you are in good hands! Jennifer is absolutely relentless about finding the best and most beautiful for every single client!
That’s why Jennifer’s clients are so appreciative of her sensitive, yet fun approach to these sessions. Clients leave feeling empowered and seeing their beauty in a way they never had (a glass of wine helps too)!
Kind words from a client:
"Jennifer, you never fail to find the beautiful in every person! You have a gift---what an incredible thing to show a woman about herself!" ~Darby M.