Genetic Disorders Research
Finding and Citing Scholarly Sources
- To find credible research material from scientific journals
- To present your findings to your class
- To document your sources in APA format
STEP ONE: Selecting Credible Resources
You want to find sources that are:
current (most recent research yields newer, more valid findings)
peer-reviewed (work done by academics, and peer-reviewed by fellow scholars)
respected (reputable sources such as journals or select online databases)
STEP TWO: Document your sources
Make Research Notes
- Login to your dpcloud account and open a Word document. This way you can share your file with your group members.
- List your citation in APA format so that you remember which information came from which source.
- Take point form notes beneath each citation.
- Be sure to quote any information worded directly from the source. Provide a page number if your journal article is paginated.
Step Three: References
This is an excellent site to help you correctly cite and format your work according to APA style.