Together in Learning and Faith
October 27, 2019
Why is Catholic Education Important?
A Message from Father Kris!
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Congratulations to all OLA and SJXXIII children for celebrating this sacrament, for being leaders in faith, and deepening your relationship with Christ! We are so proud of you!!
Farewell Mrs. V & Welcome Mrs. C.
Faith in Action Assembly
Read-In Month Wraps Up!
Still time to visit - let us know if you can share your time to share your story:)
During the Month of October we are inviting you and your loved ones to come in and take a few moments (like 30 minutes) to share your favourite picture book with our students.
We are looking for Moms, Dads, Babas, Guidos, Aunties, Uncles, (you get the point) to share their love of learning and favourite books. We welcome you to join us for READ-IN.
Please contact Mrs. Wagner via email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and to arrange a time to share your favs with children and help spread a love of reading!
Sharing our Smiles!
OLA School Council News
Annual Poinsettia Sale Volunteers Needed
Last year the OLA SC Poinsettia Sale was one of the most profitable fundraisers of the year. Your Fundraising Committee is looking for volunteers to help take orders at OLA Parish on the following dates for about 15 minutes before and after Mass:
- Saturday, November 2nd 5:15 pm Mass
- Sunday, November 3rd 9:00 am Mass & 11:00 am Mass
- Saturday, November 9th 5:15 pm Mass
- Sunday, November 10th 9:00 am Mass & 11:00 am Mass
If you are able to share your time please email the OLA School Council at: email@example.com.
2018 - 2019 Yearbooks
With a Little Help from Our Friends...
Calling on your Expertise!
We are calling upon our families who may have connections and experience in this area to assist Mme Gravelle and OLA staff to bring this project to fruition. If the area of sound systems, microphones, speakers and more, is your jam, please contact Mme Gravelle at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your help!
Money! Money! Money!
She's asking for your help to donate piggy banks and play money so the Pre-Kindergarten children can do some great hands-on learning with money. If you happen to have any spare play money laying around, thank you for sending it her way. Donations can be delivered to the front office.
Thank you so much!
Playground Society News
Parent's Night Out
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd 6:00 pm gather your friends and come to our Adults Only event to help us get the playgrounds built!!
There will be...
- A DJ who will be taking requests!
- Door Prizes!!
- BIG auction items!!
- Plus you can call The Bears Den to book a table for your group in advance!
Tickets are $20/person and 100% of the proceeds go toward our goal of building the playgrounds for our students!!
To order your tickets you can email email@example.com, call 780-722-4442 or contact us on Facebook. More ordering and payment options may become available soon.
Thank you for spreading the word to your friends, family, coworkers and neighbours!
Looking Ahead . . .
Monday, October 28
- Faith in Action Assembly 12:30 - please join us for prayer and praise!
- Welcome Mrs. Haubrich who is replacing Mrs. Buban this week while she grows her brain!
- Non-Digital Evidence of Learning Portfolios coming home this week!
- Stay tuned for details to book a Three-Way Conference for next week's conferences (Nov. 5&6)!
Tuesday, October 29
- Circle of Security Parenting Workshop continues at 6:30 pm
Wednesday, October 30
- Ken's Catering Hot Lunch - by pre-order
Thursday, October 31 - Happy Halloween!
- Halloween Dance Party 1:30 pm in the gym!
- In class parties occur as scheduled before and/or after the dance party.
Friday, November 1
- M/W Kinders & T/Th Pre-K/Kinders in Class Today
- Kinder Field Trip to Telus World of Science
- T/Th Pre-K PJ Party Day
- Mme Gravelle reads with 4E - celebrating stories!
Saturday, November 2
- Parent's Night Out in support of our Catholic School Playgrounds
Sunday, November 3
- Catholic Education Mass 9:00 am: OLA and SJPII Co-hosting - Come and join us!
Monday, November 4
- Book Fair Begins Today!
- Faith in Action Assembly at 12:30pm - All are welcome!
- Power Option Sign up for Wednesday's Power Options
- GRACE/GIFT: Catholic Education: A Look Forward 7:00pm @ OLPH Parish in Sherwood Park
and a Little Further Ahead . . .
November 4 - 7 Scholastic Arctic Adventure Book Fair
November 4 GRACE/GIFT Catholic Education Engagement Evening 7:00 pm OLPH Church
November 5 & 6 Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences - what for details coming soon
November 6 Grade 1-4 Power Options
November 6 Early Dismissal 2:19 pm
November 8 Remembrance Day Celebration - watch for more details next week
November 8 Grade 3 & 4 Rec Swim at Harbour Pool
November 9 - 17 Fall Break - No School
November 18 Lifetouch Picture Retake Day
December 3 Advent Mass 1:00 pm
December 11 or 12 Advent Concert daytime performance - we are finalizing the details.
December 12 Advent Concert 6:30pm (Doors open 6:00pm)- details to follow **VIP seat fundraiser too!!
To see what is coming even further ahead, please visit our website calendar.
You can check out our M/W Kinder calendar here,
and our Pre-K AM calendar here.