🐬 Week of October 5, 2020
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
This week we welcome back our Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st graders that are choosing the face-to-face option!
To our students in grades 2-5, we look forward to seeing you soon!
For our remote students, please continue to join us online. We are grateful to have you, whether online or in person. 💕
Here's a snapshot of reminders for Monday morning.
Transitioning to Face-to-Face Policies, Schedules, and the Updated School Year Calendar
- The uniform policy is still in effect. However, it will be relaxed in that a uniform shirt, uniform pants (no jeans), and a belt (for grades 1 and up) are required. Remember, we transitioned to only red shirts for this year. Please see the link to the uniform policy. Also please refer to the posting/email sent from Central Office concerning uniforms and masks.
General Reminders for Students Returning to Face-to-Face Learning
- Students will need bring their own water bottles, marked with their name. The water fountains are off limits. They will have the opportunity to refill their bottles if necessary. Snacks will be sold for .50 each. Parents are encouraged to send snacks with their children for the first few days.
- Parents are not allowed out of their vehicles during dropoff. This includes Day 1 for PreK and Kindergarten students. But please do not worry! Your little ones will be in good hands, and they are surprisingly resilient. :-)
- Parents cannot bring lunch to their child during the school day. If a child forgets their lunch, he/she can simply eat from the cafeteria.
- Students will need a computer bag to transport their laptops if they choose to bring them to and from school. If a student brings a laptop home, it must be recharged before returning the next day. With few exceptions, all school-owned laptops will remain at school.
- Students will be provided with mask breaks, PE, and recess. We will also be on a lunch rotation so that classes can take turns eating outside and in the cafeteria.
- Car rider hang tags will be sent home with students on Monday afternoon.