March in the Library
Check out what we've been up to in the PHS Media Center!
In addition, many teachers have brought their classes in to co-teach lessons using the computers. First grade classes are working on creating digital timelines of American symbols. Second grade classes are sharing what they've learned about influential individuals by making Vokis. Third grade classes have been working hard to improve their comfort with many digital skills, like scrolling, clicking-and-dragging, and, of course, typing.
I also got the chance to visit some classrooms this month during our "Library on a Cart" days. I love having a chance to take a peek at all of the creative and rigorous work going on across the whole building.
Students Share Books
How We've Been Learning
- Participated in conversations about fiction and nonfiction texts. "Is Your Hair Made of Donuts" was a big hit!
- Generated note-taking guidelines to help us with our research.
- Published our learning using digital tools.
- Started learning about distinguished literature.
- Practiced identifying key details.
- Learned to identify different types of books.
- Started learning how to travel safely on the internet!