American Civil War
Jensen Leonard & Noah Swing
When and Where
- The war began on April 12, 1861 and ended in the spring of 1865
- The war took place in The United States of America (USA)
What caused it
- Abolitionists Movement
- Dred Scott Decision
- Underground Railroad
Who was involved
- North (Union)
- South (Confederates)
- North soldiers were educated
- South soldiers were mostly farmers
- Boom in industrialization
- Made America more democratic
- Ended slavery
- Reinforced the idea that the power of the federal government is supreme
- "What Were Some of the Long Term Effects of the American Civil War? | ENotes." Enotes.com. Enotes.com, n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.
- Council on Foreign Relations. Council on Foreign Relations, n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.
- "Causes Of The Civil War | HistoryNet." HistoryNet. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.