Ms. Steere's Classroom
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
You may or may not hear about our special visit this morning from first lady, Dorthy McAuliffe. She was visiting Moss Nuckols to observe our breakfast in the classroom program and came in to our room as one of her stops. :)
- Please note that the last day of school, May 26th, is now a half day. Students will be dismissed at 11:00am.
- Kindergarten PALS reading testing will take place all day on Friday, May 13th. Please have your student get a good night's sleep the night before.
- An End of the Year celebration will be held May 24th, 9-10:30. More information to come! :)
- May 9-20 - Kindergarten PALS testing
- May 23rd - Field Day/ STEM Day
- May 24th, 9:00-10:30 - Kindergarten End of Year Award Ceremonies
- May 26th - Last Day of School! 11am dismissal
This Week's Learning Goals
- continue to practice and use reading strategies when listening to and reading stories. (Reading SOLs: K.1, K.2, K.3, K.8, K.9, K.10)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- use technology for writing. (Writing SOL: K.13)
- combine two sets of objects and determine the sum, where the sum is not greater than 10. (Math SOL: K.6)
- determine the result of taking away part of a set of up to 10 objects. (Math SOL: K.6)
- describe some simple changes animals undergo during their life cycles. This may include changes in their body size, color, covering, or shape. (Science SOL: K.7)
This Month's Birthdays
May 22nd- Laney
May 26th- Jacob M.