East China School District News
Together We Can!
From the Desk of Superintendent Suzanne Cybulla
Upcoming Events at East China Schools
- Sept.24 Board of Ed Meeting 7 pm
- Sept.27 Bond Steering Committee Meeting 6 pm
- Sept. 27-29 SCHS Theatre presents.... Noises Off!
- Oct. 3 Pupil Count Day
- Oct. 8 East China Educational Foundation & H.O.P.E. Fund Taste Fest 5-7 pm
- Oct. 10 PLC Early Release Day (2 hours)
- Oct. 22 Board of Ed Meeting 7 pm
- Oct. 24 HS & MS evening Parent Teacher Conferences
- Oct. 25 HS & MS half day dismissal - Parent Teacher Conferences afternoon & evening
- Oct. 31 Half Day dismissal for elementary students only
Kindergarten Camp A Success and our "Free Little Library"
A great big THANK YOU to RESA for donating our "Free Little Library" and a special THANK YOU to Mark Herr for donating his time and materials to install it at Belle River. It is so exciting to offer our students another avenue for discovering great books! Thank you so much.
Belle River Students Wearing Positive Messages
CTV Channel 6 Highlights the Positivity Project
To watch the 12 minute interview please click on the link below.
ECSD'S FALL ATHLETIC EVENTS
Please plan to attend one or all of ECSD's athletic events this fall. Remember those 62 or older can attend the athletic events free of charge.
We hope to see you there!
TEAM UP FOR ATTENDANCE
Missing 10% of school can make it harder to learn to read. Students can fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks. Arrive on time so as not to miss a single minute of instruction. Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school and themselves. Start building this habit early so children learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important. Good attendance will help children do well in high school, college, and at work.
Some things you can do at home
- Set a regular bed time and morning routine
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before
- Don't let your child stay home unless she is truly sick
- If your child seems anxious to go to school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other parents on advice on how to make them feel more comfortable and excited about learning
- Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbor, or another parent
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session
Together we can achieve strong attendance!
They Are Committed!
FREE PRESCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
SCHS THEATRE TROUPE PRESENTS......
SAVE THE DATE FOR TASTEFEST 2018
Monday, October 8th 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
4100 River Rd, East China 48054
"Tastefest 2018" returns to the lobby of Ascension River District Hospital. Over 15 restaurants present their best in a sampling evening of fun and food. The Inn Kitchen, School House Grill, Big River BBQ, Connor Street Pub, The Voyageur, LaCroix's Riverside Pub are just a few of the restaurants that will be participating. Tickets are only $30 which includes samplings of food and beverage to support the East China Educational Foundation and the H.O.P.E. Fund. Pre-sale tickets are available at Neiman's Family Market, Sweet Tooth or Ascension RDH Gift Shop. Tickets will also be available at the door the night of this worthwhile event. Please plan to join us!
Healthy Food Tip Brought to you By Neiman's Family Market
- It provides important nutrients for development and growth
- Helps maintain healthy weight
- Boosts brain function
A balanced breakfast includes whole grains, protein and fruit (grapes, sliced bananas, orange slices)
MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST BURRITOS:
Prep time 35 minutes. Makes 6 burritos
1-2 T Milk
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
6 fully cooked sausage or crumpled bacon
In a large bowl beat 6 eggs, add the milk and stir until well blended. In a 10” skillet over medium heat, cook eggs stirring occasionally, add the cheeses and the meat just before the eggs look scrambled.
Spoon egg mixture down the center of each flour tortilla. Roll up each burrito tightly to secure filling. Serve immediately or freeze.
Would you like new meal planning & shopping tip ideas? Click on the link below.