October 29, 2017
Red Ribbon Week October 30th - November 3rd
Monday, October 30th: Pajama Day - "Your Choices are the Key to your Dreams, Keep Drugs Out!"
Tuesday, October 31st: Disney/Book Character Day - "Keep your Character Strong, Live Life Drug-Free" (No Scary costumes)
Wednesday, November 1st: Tacky Tourist Day - "Drugs Are Not Where You Are Going, Live Drug-Free"
Thursday, November 2nd: Radical Fan Day - "Support a Drug-Free Life" (Pep Rally Day)
Friday, November 3rd: Flashback Friday - "Turn your Back to Drugs, Live in a Drug-Free World"
Upcoming This Week:
Monday, October 30th
- Archery Booster meeting 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, October 31st
- Happy Halloween!
- 6th grade Running Club 3:30
Wednesday, November 1st
- Cheer, Football & Band pictures
- 5th Grade Flat Rocks due for a project for Art
- NHS Tutoring 3:30 BHS Library
Thursday, November 2nd
- BJH Pep Rally 2:50 p.m.
- BJH Football vs Boyd
Friday, November 3rd
- End 2nd Six Weeks
Sunday, November 5th
- Daylight Savings Time End - "Fall Back"
Monday, November 6th
- Teacher In-Service Day - Student Holiday
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Getaway Presale
National Release Date for Book #12 “The Getaway” is November 7th!
Scholastic has it in exclusive paper-back & price of only $8.99 (it will cost $13.95 elsewhere) Preorder your copy today! Click here for more information.
Coyote Chase Race: Brock Junior High is competing as a campus in the upcoming Coyote Chase Race sponsored by Weatherford College. The event will be held on Saturday, November 18th starting at 9:00 am. There is a 5k (3.1 miles) or a one-mile run that morning. If you would like to participate, you can pick up a form in the Junior High office or register online at www.wc.edu/chaserace
If you sign up as a member of the Brock Team, packets will be delivered to the Junior High prior to the race. If you have any questions, contact Bobby Atchley at email@example.com.
5th Grade Students: Mrs. Swearengin will be doing a rock painting project with the students in their Art rotation. Students don't forget to bring your rock - Due November 1st.
UIL: UIL practices are off and running. The 5th grade District UIL Meet is December 5th. 6th - 8th grade District UIL Meet is December 12th.
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - firstname.lastname@example.org. We have our 1st Book Fair scheduled to kick off on Monday, October 23rd!
Monday, October 30th 6:30 PM at the Archery Range - General membership meeting. We will be electing new officers for the new season. There is a lot of new business to discuss so everyone needs to be there.
The Archery Club is open to all Brock ISD 4th through 12th graders.
Events Around the Area
Brock Baptist will be hosting a fun night of festivities with Trunk or Treat on October 29th from 5 - 7.
Picture Retakes November 8th (form attached)
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com
BJH will host the following Pep Rallies at BJH at 2:50 p.m.:
- Thursday, November 2nd
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.