TE PĀNUI O TE KURA O PUKETAPU
Week 8, Term 4 - Friday 9 December 2022
Kia Manawanui - Have a Heart
Kia Māia - Be Courageous
Kia Kaha - Do Your Best
Kia Ora - Be Well
somadd... Tonight at northpoint church
Tonight is the night - SOMADD has arrived and we won't let the weather stop us.
Our new venue for this evening is Northpoint Church, 116 Mangati Road.
Please see key information for this evening below.
4.30pm - Church open and food available for purchase
6.15pm - SOMADD Concert begins
Home & School
- Raffles for sale from 4.30pm-6pm by the church entrance - cash only please
- Food available from 4.30pm-6pm - cash or eftpos available
- Seating available by kitchen for kai eating before SOMADD
Students: Where to meet?
- Kapahaka: performance group meet at 5.20pm in the playgroup room at Northpoint Church
- Kapahaka: all other members meet at 5.40pm in the playgroup room at Northpoint Church
- Rimu tamariki meeting in the main Church at 5.30pm
- Tōtara tamariki in the main Church at 5.30pm
- Kōwhai tamariki in the main Church at 5.30pm
- Kauri tamariki meeting at 5.30pm in Kauri Hub
From Northpoint Church:
- Car parking: heaps of space at rear of building and on field also.
- Layout: kai in hall - from foyer, turn right, follow hallway. Raffle in foyer.
- Water: there will be limited water stations available so we suggest bringing drink bottles for your whānau.
- Seating: picnic style on floor. Rugs & cushions. No room for folding chairs. Limited seating available for people with mobility needs. There will also be standing room around the edge of the auditorium.
- Overflow area during concert: Concert will be livestreamed onto a screen in the hall. Seating will be available.
- Buggies: all buggies to go to hall. None in auditorium please.
- Emergency exits: 3 in auditorium, one in hall. Emergency evacuation assembly area is in back carpark beside Gather Container Cafe.
- Extra hands to move furniture and reset building at the end of the night would be appreciated if some people can stay.
SOMADD Art displays will be shown at school on Monday and Tuesday next week - more information will be shared about this.
We are looking forward to sharing this evening with our school community & whānau.
Do not forget to bring CASH for raffles and kai
Eftpos & Cash available for Kai
Kai will be served by the kitchen area at Northpoint Church
A sneak peak of our Rimu tamariki practicing hard for tonights show
kaitiaki leadership day
year 8s head down the beach
Term 4 Touch has now finished. Our tamariki and whanau had a great time at Hickford Park on Wednesday nights.
Please return your Puketapu T-shirt (washed) to the school office and make sure your Touch fees are paid by the end of the School year.
A BIG THANK YOU to Kim Sowman for her wonderful organisation of our touch teams including keeping the tamariki happy and twisting the arms of some parents to coach.
And a BIG THANK YOU to our Coaches and parents who helped. Our tamariki would not be able to play if it wasn't for you.
Keep an eye out for information on Term 1 Touch.
KA ORA, KA AKO-Healthy LUNCHES IN SCHOOL
We are going out with a BANG!!!
On the menu for next week...
Monday: Mac n Cheese
Tuesday: Sausage Sizzle & Christmas Ham
Wednesday: Macho Nachos
Thursday: Bring your snack / kai from home as we finish at midday
Some of the amazing kai from the past couple of weeks... YUMMMM!!!
this week at school
Blythe Fadlen putting on a lunch time show for some of our younger tamariki
Waffle time... Hmmm I wonder which teacher has been in this class!
Anya doing what she does best and sharing her aroha
Great Kia Ora by Claire Asai, Erika Asai, Paris-Maree Yorke, Kiah-jayne Wylde-Prestney & Khalise Clement
Getting creative and ready for the festive season in Kauri
Sandpit hang outs with Pippa Perkinson, Rubeelee Jeffrey and Preston Cooper.
Ka Pai girls for wearing your pōtae
Two little monkeys swinging in the tree - Taine Mckenna and Mason Takamori
Congratulations Summer Wilkinson who was awarded a trophy at Waitara Gymnastics Competitive Prize Giving over the weekend.
Summer with her 'Most Congenial' trophy for gymnastics 2022
Please check the Hero App for more dates specific to your child's class.
Friday 9 December
- SOMADD Community Event
(open from 4.30, main show starts 6.15pm)
Wednesday 14 December
- Final Student Showcase and Awards (Whānau invited) 10am @ Northpoint
Thursday 15 December
- Last Day for 2022 - School finishes at 12pm
coding holiday activity
Request for parent participation - Child mental health needs study
We are a team of mums, psychologists and researchers from AUT. We are keen to understand the wellbeing and psychological needs of tamariki in Aotearoa New Zealand.
We are conducting a survey of parents of primary-aged children (aged 5-11), to learn more about their feelings, behaviours, challenges and access to psychological assessment and treatment.
Even if your child has never needed psychological treatment, we would love to hear from you! We need to understand the experiences of many children in NZ, both those experiencing challenges and those who are not.
Your answers will help us to design better support for children in the future. The survey should take less than 15 minutes to complete.
For more information or to complete survey, please click the following link:
the lemon club
Click here to book your childs space at The Lemon Club https://enrolmy.com/the-lemon-club/book-now/9-Before-and-After-school-care-at-Puketapu-School-Term-3-2022-