Buffalo Family Bulletin
Connect with Us
- School website: http://blackshear.kleinisd.net/
- Follow us on Twitter: @BlackshearKISD
- Follow our school hashtag on Twitter: #HaveUHerdKISD
- Follow us on Facebook
- View a full catalog of our online flyers on the Blackshear Peachjar page
- Have you ever wondered about our school procedures? Click here for a parent reference guide.
- Inclement Weather Dismissal Procedures
News and Reminders
- New Playground: Have you seen our new playground addition? The kids LOVE it! Due to the success of the PTO World's Finest Chocolate Fundraiser and a generous donation from Campus Kids, LLC we now have enough money to provide an additional shade structure over the new addition! We will begin the purchasing process in early January!
- Rezoning Information: Klein ISD is rezoning elementary attendance zones at this time. HERE is the website where you can stay up-to-date with information.
- Jackets and Lunchboxes: Please put your students' names in all jackets and lunchboxes! That way if they are lost at school, they can be returned.
- Absences: Please send a note (doctor or parent) within 5 days of your student returning to school. Notes may be turned in to the teacher or office, emailed to the teacher or office staff, or submitted through Skyward Family Access.
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our primary source of communication again this year. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
Thanks to our December Watch D.O.G.S.!!!
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- 1/7 - Students return; Start of 2nd semester/3rd grading cycle
- 1/10 - Report Cards go home
- 1/20 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
- 1/23 - 5th grade Ulrich visit
- 1/25 - Community Workout (Blackshear Gym) - 8:30-9:15 a.m.
- 1/27-1/31 - Kindness Week
- 2/4 - 5th Grade Course Selection Parent University (library) - 6-7 p.m.
Looking Ahead - STAAR Testing Dates
- May 12 - Math
- May 13 - Reading
- April 7 - Writing
- May 12 - Math
- May 13 - Reading
- April 7 - Math
- April 8 - Reading
- May 14 - Science
- May 12 - Math retest
- May 13 - Reading retest
The counseling department would like to take a moment to celebrate our Blackshear family. Through the generosity of our community , 154 children in the Blackshear community received holiday assistance. This holiday assistance came in the form of food, clothing, and toys. We'd specifically like to thank Promise Land Ministries Church,Houston McLaren, Vibe Events, and Lakewood UMC for their help in providing for our students. Several Blackshear parents, teachers, and staff also contributed time and donations to the cause. Thank you, for loving on our students.
Kindness week will be Jan. 27-31. We will be hosting a peanut butter and jelly drive during this week to replenish the Promise Land Ministries food bank in addition to our daily kindness activities and initiatives. Our week will conclude on Friday with Kindness Stations during recess. This activity will require several volunteers in order to be successful. If you are able to assist, please reach out to PTO or the counselors.
5th Grade Parents- Course Selection packets will be going home on Jan. 23. This year, Klein is offering several pathways for core classes in an effort to personalize learning for each student. This means the choices made for 6th grade courses could impact high school selections later. Blackshear will be offering a Course Selection Night on Feb. 4th from 6-7 p.m. Representatives from Advanced Academics, College Pathways, Special Education, Ulrich and Doerre will be on our campus to answer questions and assist in the course selection process. 5th grade teachers as well as our Blackshear administrators and counselors will also be available.