Hillcrest Elementary School
Week of January 7, 2024
What's Up Next?
We have made it to the seond half of this school year and we are ready to get back to the task at hand- helping all of our students acheive success. We hope that everyone enjoyed the holiday break and had a chance to relax and regroup. This coming week, our Kindergarten - Second grade students will be participating in our district benchmark assessments in the areas of reading and math. This will allow us to see how our students are peforming on the state required standards in their respective grade level across the distirct. Please encourage your child to conitnue to do his or her best.
We will also host our Academic Parent Teacher Team meetings, along with another opportunity to learn how to use our Parent Portal, this Tuesday, January 9, 2024, at 5:30 p.m. Please join us as we provide resources for you to use at home with your child to help continue strenghting skills of need in the areas of reading and/or math. We will also distribute our 2nd Nine Week report card to parents at the end of the session. Students that have a parent attend will recieve a dress down pass to use for this Friday.
Lastly, please be reminded that school starts at 8:15 a.m. Please make every effort to have your child arrive on time to school daily. Also, if your child is absent for any reason, please be sure to submit a doctor's excuse or parent written excuse the day your child returns back to school. We thank you for your continued support of our students and school.
Habit of the Week: Habit #4 – Think Win-Win!
Hey! It all begins with you. You must in the private victories first. That means you must take responsibility for your own life, feel confident, and secure. Then, you will start caring for others and their success as well without being bothered by it. After all, there is plenty of success to go around for all.
Family Activity: Think of an ongoing conflict that you tend to have with your child (homework, cleaning his or her room, laundry, etc.), and then discuss the possible solutions you could have and how it is a win-win for all.
Habit #4: Everyone can win!
Dress Code Reminders
- Sweatshirts and hoodies may be worn to school, but hoods cannot be worn inside of school/classroom.
- Shirts must be solid in color.
- Leggings cannot be worn as "stand alone." They can be worn under a solid colored skirt/shorts.
- Jeans/Pants may not have any rips, holes, tears, or frays.
- Shoes must have a strap on the back of them. No Crocs allowed at school.
Please help us by making sure your child is appropriately dressed before coming to school each day.
Morning Drop Off & Afternoon Pick Up Reminders
- There will be one (1) lane used for morning drop off.
- There will be two (2) lanes used for afternoon dismissal.
- Cars MUST have their car tag number in the window to pick up your child. Cars without a tag will have to drive to the front of the building and wait for your child to be released at 3:30 p.m. with remaining car riders.
- Vehicles must make a right-hand turn off of Edgewood Drive into the Car Rider Line Up near the playground entrance.
- Parents/Guardians may take any of the following routes to reach our car rider line: Cardinal Drive, Northwood Drive, Brookdale Drive, Greenway Drive, and Pinewood Drive from either Claxton Dairy Road or Highway 441 South to get to Edgewood Drive.
- Parents/Guardians MUST remain in cars to pick up car riders. No child will be released to adults who walk up to the building in the Car Rider Loading Zone.
- Please wait for staff member to signal for you to pull off.
- Parents/Guardians may not park along Edgewood Drive and walk up to the front of the building to pick up students while we are loading or unloading buses (7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. – 3:25 p.m.)
- Students not picked up by 3:25 p.m. from the car rider pick up area will be taken to the front office for pick up after this time.
Clear or Mesh Book Bags Required
All students must have a clear or mesh book bag to enter the school building. We do have a few clear book bags left for sale in the front office, if you need to purchase one, for $10 each.
Coming Up Next...
January 9: 2nd Nine Weeks Report Card, APTT #2 & Parent Portal Session, 5:30 p.m.
January 11: HES's School Spelling Bee (3rd and 4th grade only), 12:30 p.m.
January 12: 2nd Nine Week PBIS Celebration
January 13: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Parade, Downtown Dublin
January 15: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday/ No School
January 19: 100th Day of School Celebration/Recognition
January 26: DCS's District Spelling Bee
January 29: Local School Governance Team Meeting, 5:00 p.m.
January 30: DCS's Elementary Science Fair
Location: 1100 Edgewood Drive, Dublin, GA, USA
Phone: (478) 353-8200