Search For New President!
Wanted: Man or woman for top government position!
- At least 35 years of age
- Native-born in the United States
- Have lived in America for 14 years or more
Duties, Roles, Responsibilities
- Direct foreign policy
- Make Executive Agreements: agreements with foreign leaders that are not approved by congress
- Serve as the leader of their political party
- Select the party's national chairperson
- Help their party raise money and funds
- In charge of 15 cabinet departments
- Can issue executive orders (rules/commands that have the force of law but do not have to be approved by congress)
- In charge of all military forces
- Order American Soldiers into Battle
- Sign bills into the law
- Conduct a legislative program- give the legislative agenda to Congress in the annual State of Union address
Head of State
- Ceremonial role in representing the US at special occasions and ceremonies
- Act as a living symbol
- Deal with several economic issues (ie. unemployment rates, inflation, high taxes)
- Plan the federal government's budget every year
Compensation and Benefits
- You will be paid $400,000 annually!
- Plus, extra money for expenses and travel!
- Other special benefits include access to vacation resort Camp David, and a fleet of special cars, helicopters, and airplanes!