Ways to get fit for any occasion
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Lean back so your torso is at a 45-degree angle to floor, making sure to keep the spine straight and not rounded.
- Lace your arms straight out in front of your chest with one hand on top of the other.
- Race your core and slowly rotate round to the right as far as you can, pause then reverse this movement all the way round to the left as far as you can.
- That is 1 rep
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
2.) Bend your knees slightly.
3.) Without changing the arch in your lower back or the angle of your knees, brace your core and try to take 3 to 5 seconds to lower your feet as close to the floor as you can.
4.) Bring your legs back up to the starting position
- Position your hands shoulder-width apart on a secured bench or stable chair.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front of you.
- Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench.
- Once you reach the bottom of the movement, press down into the bench to straighten your elbows, returning to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Keep your shoulders down as you lower and raise your body. You can bend your legs to modify this exercise.