Grace Episcopal School Vol. 25, March 11, 2015
A Message From Dr. Ricks
Next week is a special time of celebration as we take a moment to recognize our wonderful teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. Thank you to Sarah Raymond and her fantastic committee for all of their hard work in planning this event. Take just a bit of time this weekend with your children and plan how you might thank your teachers. We have special themes for each day, and it is a fun way to recognize these important ladies and gentlemen.
Dr. Beth J. Ricks
Head of School
Grace Episcopal School Social Studies Fair Winners!
Congrats to all of our winners at the GES Social Studies Fair!! They will go on to compete at the Regionals Thursday, March 26, 2015.
All group projects will advance to regional fair at ULM.
7th Grade Top 10 will advance to ULM:
1. Monhegan: Why Should the 40 Matter?, Grace Pettis (Geography)
2. The Fantastic Five: Comics Affect Culture, Jadon Roy (Sociology)
3. What's the Buzz on Burt's Bees, Caroline Graham (Economics)
4. Is the Affordable Care Act Really Affordable? , Harrison Rhymes (Political Science)
5. Should We Be Chicken to Eat Chicken?, Hudson Norman (Sociology)
6. Once Upon a Triangle: Has the Mystery Been Solved?, Lauren Coenen (Geography)
7. Politics and the Olympics: Allison LaNasa (Political Science)
8. Does the Mouse Matter: How Does Walt Disney World Benefit Florida's Economy?, Taylor Smiley (Economics)
9. How Was the Civil Rights Movement Expressed through Music?, Asia Ferguson (Sociology)
10. Hog Wild: How Do Feral Hogs Affect Louisiana's Farmland?, Grant Davis (Geography)
5th Grade Top 10 will advance to ULM:
Meagan Stephens -"Wonder Women of WWII" (History)
Noah Neal - "Locked Up" the Story of Alcatraz (History)
Brady Puckett - The Dangers of Outback Skiing and How to Stay Safe (Sociology))
Rahul Lal - Mahatma Ghandi and How he Achieved Peace without Violence (Political Science)
Jason Roy -The Erosion of Louisiana's Coastline and How to Stop It (Geography)
Elliott White - Flying Wright - the Story of the Wright Brothers (History)
Addie Nickelson - What's All the Fuss About Fish? The Invasion of the Asian Carp into the Great Lakes (Geography)
Walt Sartor- The Killing of Osama Bin Laden (History)
Ty Newman- Does it Pay to Host the World Series? (Economics)
William Foster - Wild About Fires-How are Wildfires Helpful? (Geography))
Reminder: No School on Friday, March 20th - Parent Teacher Conference Day
Our 2015 Gator Gala Committee is hard at work planning an unforgettable evening of food, fun, gator-tini's, and auction items. Many thanks to Co-Chairs Breanna Young and Amanda Wooton, Live Auction Chair Erica Ryan, and Silent Auction Chair Kelli Cole.
Local band favorite, Flashback5 will be "Rocking the Night Away" with our favorite music .
Our Live and Silent Auction Items will include art projects created by Grace students, kid's parties, trips, and other special packages. Look forward to more information from us as you will be able to bid on many of these items from Clickbid.com. Many thanks to the fabulous donations made from local businesses, individuals, and Grace supporters who are helping to make our Silent Auction a success.
Katie Moreland and Erin Weaver are bringing back one of our most popular raffles. For $25.00, you have a chance at either $4,000 cash or a $5000.00 travel voucher from The Travel Company. Tickets can be purchased from Grace students, families, as well as the school. The drawing will take place the night of the Gala; you do not need to be present to win.
Sabrina Racer and Dana deGravelle will help you secure your Gator Gala Sponsorship for one of three levels: Gator Proud, Rising Gator, and Gator Tails. Sponsorship includes a reserved table and a fun party package.
We look forward to seeing you at this fun, fabulous, and unforgettable event celebrating 60 years of Grace Episcopal School.
Sponsorship information went out on Tuesday, secure your table today!!!
This Week at Grace
- 3rd-5th Grade Chapel at 8:00 AM
Friday, March 13th
- TGIF: Johnny's Pizza
Monday, March 16th
- K-2nd Grade Chapel at 8:00 AM
Tuesday, March 17th
- 3rd-5th Grade Chapel at 8:00 AM
Wednesday, March 18th
- Eucharist Service, 1st-8th Grade at 8:00 AM
- Award's Day at 9:00 AM
- National Jr. Honor Society Induction following Award's Day
What's Coming Up?
- Evergreens, Party in the Park
- Nerd Day, dress up day
- Academic Pep Rally - 2:00
Friday, March 20th
- Parent Teacher Conferences, No School
March 23rd - 27th
- IOWA Testing, Kindergarten-8th Grade
Tuesday, March 24th
- State Science Fair
- Regional Social Studies Fair
Friday, March 27th
- Grace Gator Day
- TGIF: Cane's