News You Can Use
May 6, 2016
VWL Closet Amenity Removal Begins Sunday, May 8
Beginning Sunday, May 8, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge will remove all items from the closets of the One Bedroom and Two Bedroom Villas except for hangers and the iron/ironing board as a test.
- This will allow for more storage capacity during a Member's stay.
- Portable cribs, high chairs, vacuums, brooms and steam mops are still available free of charge and Housekeeping will deliver them on demand.
- An updated inventory list will be placed in every kitchen by May 8.
- This test began with Deluxe Studios in Nov. 2015.
Vero Beach Refurbishment Update
Disney's Vero Beach Resort has just informed us of an update to their refurbishment schedule. The resort is refreshing many areas in waves through Summer 2017 as part of their commitment to enhance and refresh the Member and Guest experience.
- Food & Beverage: Sonya's permanently closed at the end of April and both Bleachers and Shutters will close in June. The resort will still offer dining options to Members and Guests until the new restaurants will open.
- Inn Rooms and Select Villas: The Deluxe Inn Rooms and several Villas will complete their refurbishments in July 2016. The refurbishment includes fabrics and décor, updating bathrooms, installing larger TVs, replacing select furniture and more.
- Remaining Villas and Beach Cottages: Beginning in late November through Summer 2017, the remaining Villas Buildings and 3-Bedroom Beach Cottages will be refurbished.
- For links to information, visit DORY >> Search: Vero refurb.
Exchange Advisors: Concierge Collection Updates
We have received updated information for the following Concierge Collection Resorts:
- Hotel Palomar: Members' bedding preferences will now be confirmed based on whether you confirm a room with a King bed (2:2) or 2 Queens (4:2) in the RCI Portal. Members will no longer need to call to guarantee.
- Mandarin Oriental: The Club Lounge will be closed from Aug. 14 - Sept. 6, 2016. During this time, Club Level Rooms will be unavailable.
- Sirena del Mar: Members must contact the Resort Concierge at least 2 weeks prior to check-in if needing assistance with transportation to/from the resort, on-site activities and discounts to off-site activities.
Disney Difference: Cast Discount at Jock Lindsey's
Cast Members now receive a 20% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, located in The Landing at Disney Springs.
- You must present your Company ID to receive the discount.
- An 18% gratuity will be added to the check, based on the pre-discounted check total.
- For more information, visit The HUB > Walt Disney World tab.