GEORGE WEEKLY BULLETIN
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 19-23, 2016
THIS WEEKS EVENTS
MONDAY- SEPTEMBER 19
MTSS Rotations begin for Teachers in Grades K, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
School Site Council Meeting from 5:00-6:30 PM in the Conference Room
TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 20
IEP Meeting Day - Mrs. Coburn
Staff Meeting 2:45-3:00 PM: United Way Presentation in the Library and then Teacher Collaboration from 3:00-4:00 PM
WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 21
MTSS Rotations begin for Grade 1
Mrs. Coburn - IEPs in the morning
Mrs. Coburn and Ms. Valenzuela to an administrator meeting 3:45-5:45 PM
THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 22
Coffee with the Principal: 9:30-10:30 AM in the MPR and 5:30-6:30 PM in the Library
FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER 23
SSA Team Meeting 8:00 AM with Mrs. Coburn in the conference room
Red Ribbon Week Team Meeting 8:00 AM with Mrs. Valenzuela in her office
- SOAR Expectations this week will refocus on the Playground Expectation. Teachers please review these daily with your students and even take them out into the playground to model and practice. This should center around proper use of playground equipment.
- NEW LUNCH PROCEDURE - Students will enter the cafeteria and get their lunch and proceed to the assigned table. Students will have 20 minutes to eat their lunch. All students will remain seated at the table until the proctor dismisses the entire table to dump their trash and walk to the playground. The students at each grade level will have 15 minutes to play on the playground. Please make sure to review this with your students.
- The Principal's Pride Areas will be awarded this week. Each grade level will be responsible for keeping a specific area clean on the playground. The grade level with the cleanest area on Thursday will win the Principal's Pride Area Award on Friday.
- Students are not allowed in the hallways before school, during recess, or at lunch time. If you see students, please question them as to why they are there and get them out to the playground if necessary.
- Playground equipment needs to be marked with your classroom number and name. Please return equipment that does not belong to your class. This includes the ones that belong to the playground. Teachers check to make sure that your equipment belongs to you.
- Chromebooks -Each teacher is responsible for the proper care of Chromebooks. Students are not taking care in every classroom. Please take the time to review proper care of this expensive equipment. All students should be assign a Chromebook and be using the same on each time. Chromebook need to be monitored by the teacher each time they are used. No food or drink is allowed by the Chromebooks.
- Please make sure that attendance is taken in your classroom beginning at 9:10 AM. All attendance needs to be put into Aeries by 9:30 AM
- All staff members are responsible for reading the weekly bulletin and checking their email daily.
PRINCIPAL PRIDE AREAS
- KINDER - Kindergarten playground
- FIRST GRADE - LITTLE KIDS PLAY STRUCTURE AREA
- SECOND GRADE GRASS AREA BEHIND THE LITTLE KIDS PLAY STRUCTURE TO THE BACK FENCE
- THIRD GRADE - BLACK TOP FROM IN FRONT OF THE 200 AREA TO THE FENCE INCLUDING THE BUS AREA
- FOURTH GRADE - BLACK TOP AREA IN FRONT OF THE 300 AND 400 WING INCLUDING THE BLEACHERS
- FIFTH GRADE - GRASS AREA FROM IN FRONT OF THE BLEACHERS TO THE BACK FENCE INCLUDING THE SOCCER GOAL AREA
- SIXTH GRADE BIG KID PLAY STRUCUTRE AREA INCLUDING THE SMALL GRASS AREA BEHIND IT
- 7TH GRADE - BASKETBALL, HANDBALL, AND COVERED TABLE AREA
- 8TH GRADE - GRASS AREA IN FRONT OF THE EMERGENCY BINS INCUDING THE HALLWAY OUTSIDE THE MPR AND NEXT TO 401