Celebrating 60 Years of Education! February 15th Edition
Save the Date
- Tuesday, Feb. 15th @ 7:00PM: Minding Your Mind @ Holicong Middle School
- Thursday, Feb. 17th: Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Thursday, Feb. 17th @ 7:45AM: Gayman Choir Practice
- Friday, Feb. 18th: CBSD Schools Closed/Teacher In-Service
- Friday, Feb. 18th @ 2:00PM-7:00PM: Red Cross Blood Drive
- Monday, Feb. 21st: CBSD Schools Closed (Presidents' Day)
- Wednesday, Feb. 23rd: Boomerang Award Nominations Due: Caring
- Thursday, Feb. 24th @ 7:45AM: Gayman Choir Practice
- Thursday, Feb. 24th: Gayman's Got Talent Show!
- Monday, Feb. 28th: Crazy Sock Day - Celebrating our Differences!
Quick Links to Information
- American Red Cross Blood Drive @ Gayman
- Boomerang Youth Recognition Award Information
- Boomerang Youth Nomination Form
- CBSD 2021-2022 District Calendar
- Elementary Breakfast Menu (February)
- Elementary Lunch Menu (February)
- Facebook: Gayman Elementary & Gayman Home and School
- Kindergarten Registration Information
- Kindergarten Student Registration Survey
The February Boomerang Asset is Caring - Young person values service to others, in their family, school, or community. If you know a student who exemplifies this asset, please complete a nomination form by Wednesday, February 23rd and email it to Liz Meier, our student support counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Random Acts of Kindness Day: February 17th
Student Council's ideas worth spreading:
- Give a compliment to a friend.
- Ask someone to play with you.
- Say "thank you" or write a thank you note.
Car Rider Reminders
To ensure a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal, we ask that you follow these rules. Thank you for your patience during arrival and dismissal.
- Display your family's name on the "pick up placard".
- Drive slowly and stay in your lane in the parking lot.
- Stay in your car, as students enter and exit the vehicle.
- For their safety, students should use the passenger side door only.
As part of the state mandate for career education, all Pennsylvania students are to receive information on the various pathways available to them to pursue their interests including post-secondary education, the world of work or the military. As one part of this we have developed a long-standing relationship with the local Career Technical Center, Middle Bucks Institute of Technology.
At the high school level, our students can spend half of their school day at MBIT in classrooms and program laboratories receiving specific training in areas such as horticulture or electronics. While in the middle school grades, students attend presentations about the many programs which can lead to visits or even shadowing a current student in programs such as commercial art or dental occupations. Summer school programs are also conducted in many areas of interest including Drone Discovery and Pastry Art.
Over the last few years, we have also shared information with our elementary students through in-person tours and most recently real-time virtual panels and visits given by the current MBIT students to our sixth-grade classes. These tours are scheduled again for this May. Take a tour yourself and find out more about the many opportunities available to the Central Bucks students: Virtual Open House.
For comments or questions, please contact Ginny Barrett at email@example.com.
2021 PSSA Student Reports
On Thursday, February 17th, the 2021 PSSA Individual Student Report (ISR) will be sent home in a sealed envelope with your 4th - 6th grade child. The assessment was administered in grades 3-6 in English Language Arts and Mathematics, and grade 4 in Science during the 2020-2021 school year.
If your child receives a blank report, that is in an indication that your child did not take the assessment. Additionally, you will not receive a report if your child was not a student at Gayman Elementary School during our last school year. Thank you!
Attention 6th Grade Families
It's time to register for Kindergarten!
Click here for the CBSD Kindergarten Registration page including necessary documents to gather in order to register your kindergarten students.
NOTE: Requests for morning or afternoon kindergarten are determined on a first come - first serve basis. Priority is also given to a request with a documented need by the parents' employers.
Our Mighty Mustangs in Action
Save the Date! Family Fun Color Run
Join us on Facebook!
Join today by clicking here, or join by scanning the QR code to the right of this page.
Click here to access the Parent Resource page for the CBSD.
All attendance questions can be directed to Christine Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Gayman Office.
If your clearances are current, upload them into the App Garden - Volunteer Tracker. If your clearances have expired, or you need to begin the clearance process, click on the Required Documents for the directions. For more information, consult the Human Resources Volunteer Required Paperwork webpage.
CB Patriots Players
Tickets are now on sale for the Patriot Players upcoming production of Into the Woods!
Performances will be in the CB East auditorium on Friday, April 1 at 7:30, Saturday, April 2 at 7:30, and Sunday, April 3 at 2:00.
Thank you for supporting the arts here at East and we hope you enjoy the show!
As polices change, the CBSD school board policies will supersede the Gayman Student Handbook.