Nixon School - Family Check In
Week of October 3, 2021
- Monday, October 11 - No School for Students / PD Day for Staff (Columbus Day / Indigenous People's Day)
- Week of October 18th - NES Focus: Safe and Peaceful School Week / District Focus: School Violence Awareness Week
- October 18 - October 28 PTA Husky Scavenger Hunt
- October 19 - October 22 - Early Dismissal (1:40 PM) for Parent / Teacher Conferences
- October 19 @ 7 PM - PTA Meeting @ Nixon School
- Week of October 25th - NES Focus: Healthy Choices / District Focus: Red Ribbon Week
- Week of October 25th - PTA Scholastic Book Fair
- October 29 - Weather Permitting: Halloween Parade (2:15 PM)
Getting Ready for Halloween!
In our efforts to ensure a safe and enjoyable Halloween, the following information is being provided to help guide Halloween shopping. More information regarding Halloween festivities will be forthcoming:
- Please do NOT send in goodie bags or treats for your child to distribute to his/her classmates.
- Costume rules that MUST be followed:
- Arrive at school in his/her costume. Staff will NOT be able to help children get dressed in their costumes.
- Face Mask (for Covid-19 purposes) MUST be worn.
- ABSOLUTELY NO Face Paint or Make up can be worn on the face!!!!! If your child comes to school with their face painted, they will need to wash it off at school.
- No props should come to school (i.e. baskets, toy weapons/swords, etc).
- Your child should be able to INDEPENDENTLY get in and out of his/her costume to go to the bathroom.
- When selecting costumes, I would ask that consideration be given for the age range of our students (Kindergarten - Grade 4). Please refrain from any costumes that have the potential to scare our youngest students.
- NOTE: Students should be able to sit down in their costumes. As a result, the costumes that have motors to inflate them are not a good option for school, but would perfect for your Saturday trick or treating expeditions.
Parent / Teacher Conferences
During conferences (Tuesday, October 19 through Friday, October 22), we have Early Dismissals. We begin dismisal at 1:40 PM.
Sign ups will be forthcoming from your child's teacher. Afternoon confernces will be offered on Tu, Th, & F. Evening conferences will run 5 - 7 PM on Wednesday, October 20. This timeframe has been adjusted to allow sufficient time to clean the building after conferences.
One of the favorite stations was Bottle Rocket making and launching. To ensure the students' safety on the bus, all Bottle Rockets remained at school. We will hold onto these until Parent/ Teacher conferences which is when parents/guardians can pick them up.
Car Riders & Walkers
Know Someone at NES Who Has Filled a Bucket? Fill Out our Bucket Filler Form and we will recognize that individual (student or staff member) during Morning Announcements.