Staff and Partner Bulletin May 18, 2016
This Week at REA
The Week in the REA Community
Monday, May 16, 2016 (A Day)
Senior Exams - English- Art Room
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod First Floor
1:30- Myers out of building - Dr. Appt
7:00 Columbia Tusculum Community Council - Carnegie
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 (B Day)
Senior Exams - Math- Art Room
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod Second Floor
AP BLENDED LEARNING ORIENTATION - ED CENTER
Myers Off- Personal Leave
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 (A Day)
Senior Exams - Art Room - SS/Science
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Green Pod Second Floor
8:55- Intermediate Reflection
4:00 Admin Meeting
5:30- Honor Society Induction
Thursday, May 19, 2016 (A DAY)
8:00 Assessment Accountability Meeting
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Blue/Yellow Pod Second Floor
10:00 7/8 Awards-Cafeteria
1:45: LOCKER CLEAN OUT- Awards will begin after Locker Clean Out.
2:00 9-11 Awards- Cafeteria
Friday, May 20, 2016 (B Day)
Class Day- Please see directions
Seventh and eighth grade reward Dance- Gym Bell 7
Saturday, May 21, 2016
Looking Ahead At REA
Dr. Harris in Columbus
Tuesday: Staff Meeting
Tuesday: Field Day
Tuesday: Primary Awards
Tuesday: GAIC Meeting- Tentative
Wednesday: Graduation Practice 10:00 Withrow
Thursday: Last Day for Students
Friday: Staff Breakfast 8:30
Please have students check their email on Friday during advisement to pick out movies they are interested in seeing for June Program. Thanks.
Please review the following sent to parents this evening:
This is Mrs. Myers from Riverview with some important end of the year information.
First, Locker Clean Out is TOMORROW. If your child is NOT AT SCHOOL, their locker will start being emptied on Tuesday of next week.
We have a large stack of coats and clothing in the front of the school. Please have your child check there for lost items.
Next, exams are next week for students in 7-11. Please be sure to have your child come to school to earn credit in their exams. Exams count as 25% of the final grade. Additionally, our elementary students are completing their Map testing and it is very important that they stay in school until the last day.
Hopefully, you have received the awards day letters and information. Please follow that schedule that was sent on yellow paper.
Finally, we are going to have Movies by the River every Friday in June. If you are interested in a particular movie, please fill out the emailed survey or just tell someone in the office and we will keep track of the most votes to choose for our selections.
Thank you for all that you do to help our school.
Wow, What a Performance
After School program is over. All students should be riding the bus or being picked up.
Columbia Tusculum Street Festival
Saturday, June 18th, 2-9pm
Please give all senior awards to Ms. Harris to distribute during Class Day.
Text Book Inventory
1. We are not interested in your personal copies of books- but instead books that you are using in your classroom..
2. If you have a classroom set of independent reading, please mark "Various Titles" the number of books you have and not mark each title.
3. Please count books you are using in your classroom. Books in the bookrooms that you are not using, do not need to be included. However, if you have books in the bookrooms that you use, please indicate them on the sheet.
4. Same as above for books in pods.
5. This should take a short amount of time and will allow us to be accountable for what we have. If students have signed out books or do not return them, please give them an obligation.
6. This year Mr. Dearwester will be signing off on this. In past years it was other personnel. Please keep the pink copy for your records and give the office the yellow and white for our file.
End of year stuff
- Senior Exams: Please look to email for the senior exam schedule. Please note, senior exams actually have to last until 12:15 if we start at about 9:45. This means on the B day, we will have to go until that time. On the other days, students will be dismissed at 12:21 which starts fourth bell. Additionally, please note, if you are supervising any exam, students are expected to be quiet to respect the time other students may need. Please be sure to do this for all of our exams. Please be prepared to turn in a copy of your exam to the office, and it will be on the check out list.
- Regular Exams: Please look to email for the schedule and we will put one in your box and post it around the building. Sorry for the delay. We will be asking for a copy of exams if they are not district exams. Please be prepared to have this checked off on your check out sheet.
- Graduation sign ups: We need everyone's help to pull off the big show. Please sign up with Ms. Harris. We really need help cleaning up. Anyone who can support that, please sign up. The sign up is next to the mailboxes. Please consider helping.
- Check out sheet in your box TODAY.
Advisement Next Year
End of Year Celebrations
1. After Graduation, we all go to The Pub in Rookwood. We need help with clean up if anyone is available. See Ms. Harris to sign up, but please come out to celebrate an end of year.
2. The last staff meeting on May 27th, is a staff Pot Luck. Please bring delicious food. Administration gets the coffee. The staff meeting starts at 8:30.
Please encourage your students to send messages to students who will be going through the halls.
Information for Paddlefest can be found here:
Summer Reading Part Two
BLT (ILT) Suggestions that need to be Action Steps for all staff
- Current Reality: VT is the only one who can file truancy letters, possibility of committee for attendance only to complete letters from PowerSchool and mail merge and review data.)
- Rewards/Incentives for good attendance that are team bound for students and are administrative bound for Parents- Have a Parent Awards Assembly that includes attendance
- Parent Incentives: Phone calls during testing, parent communication, personal relationship (parents don't know the VT) speaking to parent (not voicemail), drill down to all phone numbers and email to actually reach the parent and getting a response to increase two way communication which is an OTES standard.
- Incentive for students that have accurate phone numbers in PS: Popcorn party for students that have accurate numbers in PowerSchool: once September, one in January (System for adults to enter the information), School messenger by Myers for report where numbers come up disconnected (about 80 out of 600 current students have disconnected numbers - out of minutes, voicemail full), advisory call their list in the fall to verify numbers.
- Remind 101: Each advisor or K-6 classroom teacher set up Remind 101 groups to send messages to their students in advisory and their parents.
- Advisors, teams could send "I miss you" cards through Snail Mail. Students in class have to all sign it for the students who are missing.
- Other suggestions that can assist with student attendance.