September 15, 2023
✏️📏 Don't Miss Back-to-School Night Sept. 28, 6-8 PM 🚸🏫
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING EARLY DISMISSAL AND NO-SCHOOL DAYS
September 22 -- Early Dismissal for Staff Training
September 25 -- NO SCHOOL -- Yom Kippur
- Monday, October 9, no school
- Friday, October 20, early dismissal
- Friday, October 27, early dismissal
- Tuesday, November 7, no school for students
- Friday, November 17, early dismissal
- Tuesday, November 21, early dismissal
- Wednesday, November 22, early dismissal
Sept. 15 - October 15 -- Hispanic Heritage Month Continues
Sept. 18 -- PTO Sportswear kickoff
Sept. 18 - Sept 28 -- Cake Box service project
Wednesday, Sept 20 -- Wacky Wednesday -- Show off your favorite game/sport/gamer shirts
Friday, Sept. 22 -- Early Dismissal for P.L.
Thursday, September 28 -- BHS Back-to-School Night 6-8 PM
Monday, October 2 -- Custodian Appreciation Day
Wednesday, October 4 -- Wacky Wednesday National Golf Day --Country vs. Country Club!
Wednesday, October 4 -- PTO Meeting @ 7:00 in the BHS Library
Tuesday, October 10 -- Picture Day (make-ups on November 9)
Mon. - Fri. October 16 - 20 Fall Book Fair (shop during conferences!)
Thursday, October 19 & 26 -- Conferences
October 27 -- PTO Fall Social (details coming)
October 31st -- Shelton Spirit Day...wear Orange and Black!
🍰🎂 BHS Bulldogs Care 🍰🎂
S.E.L. Theme of the Month:
September: Teamwork and Citizenship
Win This Beautiful, Handmade Patriotic Afghan!
Mrs. Capozzi, our BHS Academic Tutor, crocheted this beautiful afghan for us to raffle off to one lucky winner. It is the perfect gift for a service person, policeman, or just anyone who like the gorgeous colors and cozy warmth! Tickets will be available at PTO meetings, conferences, and in the main office through Veteran's Day!
Chances are $3.00 each/2 for $5.00/5 for $10.00, and all proceeds will go to support our armed forces.
See the following notices under the Parent Information Board at the bottom of the newsletter
- August/Sept. Meal Menus
- Run Club registration (Grades 2, 3, and 4 ONLY)
- B&G Club Basketball
- Free & Reduced Lunch applications in English & Spanish
- Adding funds & notifications to your IC meal account
- Current academic year calendar
- Academic year calendar 2024-2025
PTO NEWS AND EVENTS:
- PTO Family Membership $20.00 (click to join) Join by September 30 to be entered into a raffle to win 2 front-row seats to the winter concert!
- 9/18/23 - Apparel Sale will be kicking off (keep an eye out for the new logo)
- Fall Service Project Sept 18 - 28th -- Birthday Cake boxes
- September 30 -- Deadline to sign up for Homeroom Parent
- October 4 -- PTO Meeting @7:00 in the BHS Library
- Book Fair -- October 16 - 20 (shop on Conference night!)
- October 27 -- Fall Social (details coming soon)
ANY ADULT WHO ENTERS BOOTH HILL SCHOOL MUST DO SO THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE AT ALL TIMES, EVEN AFTER SCHOOL. THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO ALLOW ADULT ACCESS TO OUR BUILDING.
Birthday Box Service Project: Please see above for details on our Fall service project, making birthday cake boxes for Shelton students in need. We are trying to make 40 birthday cake kits. Please send in any items you can spare with your children or drop them off at the Main Entrance.
Summer Learning Packets are still being accepted. Get those packets handed in so that your child does not miss the Summer Learning Celebration. It does not need to be 100% complete; just send in what you have done!.
Sign up to be your child's homeroom parent by Sept. 30:
BHS Run Club Returns! Run Club is open to grades 2, 3, and 4 only. Permission slips were sent out through IC on Tuesday and is attached below. Please place any orders for Run Club gear by September 19th. Please drop off at the main entrance no earlier than 8:15, and pull forward as much as possible so that we do not block Booth Hill Road.
The Run Club runs from September 26th through November 2. It is canceled if it rains (no notification).
OLD NEWS: Link to last week's Bulldog Bulletin--September 10: https://www.smore.com/mg79q
- Bus bracelets
CONGRATULATIONS to this week's PBIS PAWS Bulldog Heroes!
The Ticket Winners for this week are:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM BHS!!!
Connor C. 9/20
Hudson M. 9/21
Lucille D. 9/21
Christian L. 9/23
Reminder...peanut butter, Nutella, and related items are not allowed at BHS.
Please choose snack and lunch items that do not contain nuts for your children. Several of our students are allergic to nuts and could experience rashes, swollen lips and eyes, and/or anaphylaxis. Please check labels for any nuts and select other items, such as sun butter for school. Thanks!
BOOTH HILL SCHOOL
Location: 544 Booth Hill Road, Shelton, CT, USA
Phone: (203) 929-5625