March 21, 2016
"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you." 1 Thessalonians 3:12
- Green Oaks will be closed the weeks of June 6 and July 4. GOAL will not operate these weeks.
- Green Oaks Summer Camp Week 1: June 20-24
- Green Oaks Summer Week 2: July 25-29
- GOAL will continue to operate programming throughout the summer. We will be open each week, except the weeks of June 6, July 4 and August 15. While we will be open the same hours and still have the same modules, there will be some changes to the daily schedules just to keep things fresh. GOAL students are not eligible to sign up for Green Oaks summer camps.
- Summer registration forms were sent home, but please let us know if you need another copy.
We Need Beads!
now accepting applications for scholarships to the 44th Annual National
Down Syndrome Congress Convention in Orlando, Florida July 21-24 2016.
DSPNT will pay for air travel, convention registration, lodging and
daily food and ground travel allowance for the scholarship recipient and
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must be at least 21
years old, have Down syndrome, and have an interest in becoming involved as
a self-advocate leader in the North Texas area. Family members of DSPNT
board members are not eligible.
Call the DSPNT office at 817-390-2970 to request an application to be mailed to you. If the applicant prefers, answers may be
submitted on video via email or on a storage device. Candidates who opt
to attend with a sibling will be given priority.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS NO LATER THAN MARCH 31, 2016. DSPNT
WILL BE MAKING A DECISION APRIL 29, 2016.
2016 Special Needs Prom
Arlington Police Department Open House
In Our Prayers…
- Prayers for Ariel Galindo's grandma and Tobey Elliott, Haley's dad, for health concerns.
- Ongoing prayers for Nic Patterson and Adrian Martinez as they continue to fight leukemia.
We’d like to include your prayer concerns, too. Please call the office or submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Oaks has a continual need for items (listed below). Green Oaks also continues to collect Box Tops, Labels for Education, and Coke Rewards. Please send these to school in a Ziploc bag.
White and color copy paper
Plastic forks, spoons, & knives
30 or 33 Gallon Trash Bags
White and color cardstock
These items are always needed and appreciated!