Mindset of the Month: The Time is Now
What's Coming Up?
- 4/1-4/5- Spring Break!
- 4/9- Art Show in the cafeteria 4:30-6:30
- 4/15-4/30- Georgia Milestones Testing Window
- 4/17, 4/18, 4/19- 2nd grade field trip to Caney Creek
- 4/22- 1st grade field trip to AMC
- 4/23, 4/24- 3rd grade field trip to gold mine
Testing Season is Upon Us!
Our third, fourth, and fifth grade students and teachers are continuing to prepare for the upcoming Georgia Milestones test. At Matt, we remember that our students are more than just a test score. We want them to be encouraged to do their best, encouraged to try even when it’s hard, and to be reminded that we believe in them.
April 15 – Grades 3&5 ELA section 1
April 16 – Grades 3&5 ELA sections 2&3
April 17 – Grades 3&5 Math section 1
April 18 – Grades 3&5 Math section 2
April 19 – Grade 5 Science
April 22 – Grade 5 Social Studies
April 23 – Grade 4 ELA section 1
April 24 – Grade 4 ELA sections 2&3
April 25 – Grade 4 Math section 1
April 26 – Grade 4 Math section 2
April 29-30 – Make-up
Retests: May 20-22
Just a few reminders for parents: Testing materials have been received, therefore school wide testing security measures will begin immediately. This means that we will not allow visitors, including PTO volunteers, Helping Hands, mentors, classroom volunteers or lunch visitors, beginning Tuesday, April 9 through the end of testing, which is on April 30. This applies to all grade levels K-5. We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Parents of 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders, try to have your kids to school on time. Also, please avoid doctor appointments and trips out of town. If a child misses a test, he or she will have to do a make-up test.
- Mrs. Otwell would love media center volunteers! Contact her at email@example.com to set something up.
- PTO is always looking for volunteers to support Matt! Click HERE for more information.
- Helping Hands, our weekly volunteer crew, is in need of more helpers. Email PTO if you are able to help out.