Me and My Guitar
By: Raquel Carrillo
My name is Raquel Carrillo and I play the guitar
- I started to play the guitar last year when I was 12 years old.
- I learned by taking private lessons.
- I started in June and ended this year in July.
- My private lessons teacher's name is Rex.
- After private lessons a church friend taught me some songs in Spanish.
- Now I play English and Spanish Christian music.
I've always wanted to play the guitar, but I never really expected it to happen. One day me and my parents got more serious about it and finally bought my first guitar ever. A Yamaha. We looked for private lessons and finally decided on "Music and Arts".That's where I had my first recital, playing "You Belong with Me" by Taylor Swift and "Amazing Grace".
I went to this Christian summer camp this year for a week where I realized what I wanted to do in the ministry. It was to be a worship leader.
My passion and goal is when I get older and more experienced on the guitar I want to have a worship group (band), with me as the leader, playing and singing.