Happenings @ the Hill
Volume 2, Issue 18
The results are in! Through our events and activities for Pink Out Month, GHMS raised $7,772.00 for Breast Cancer Research. Thank you to all of our Bulldogs and Bulldog Families for making a difference! #Differencemakers
Tuesday - Disc Golf Club (after school)
Wednesday - Spirit Night @ Moe's 4-9pm / No After School Meetings / Academic Challenge Team Meet / RAP Session @ District Office 6-7pm
Thursday - Girls Basketball v. BTMS @ 5pm
Friday - Last Day to Claim "Lost and Found" Items
Upcoming RAP (Raising Awareness of Parents) session being held at the District Office on December 4, from 6:00-7:00 in regard to the dangers of vaping. Refreshments will be served.
"Thoroughly Modern Millie" Auditions will be December 10, 11, and 12 after school in Ms. Call's room. Please pick up audition information outside Ms. Call's room on the Related Arts Hallway.
It's the Season of Giving and Our One Book One School Teams are Starting Their #Differencemaker Projects
Family Promise Supply Drive (December 2 - 13)
Jeans for Teens
Spirit Night at Moe's
- Wednesday, December 4, 4 pm - 9 pm
Treats needed for Faculty/Staff Holiday Luncheon
- Wednesday, December 11
- Click here for more details and to sign up - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0f4caead2ea1ff2-desserts
Did you know you can earn money for the GHMS PTA while you shop on Amazon?
- Cyber Monday is almost here! What are you getting GHMS this year? How about some free cash? Shop through AmazonSmile, and support GHMS!
- Type smile.amazon.com into your browser. Log in, just like you would to your regular Amazon account.
- When asked to find a charity to support, search for and select “Gold Hill Middle PTA” as your charity.
- You’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the GHMS PTA!
- Note, you CANNOT use the Amazon App to shop and support GHMS.
- Happy shopping!
Claim Items by Friday, December 6th. Unclaimed items will be donated.
It's getting colder outside... Please help prepare your students.
- December 13th - 6th Grade STEAM Career Day
- December 17th - Festival of the Arts (Related Arts Showcase Night) 6-8pm
- February 7th - 8th Grade Job Shadow Day
- February 8th - 2020 Polar Plunge for Special Olympics @ Baxter YMCA
- March 7th - Cookin' for the Kids Chili Cook Off
- March 27th - Career Fair (7th Grade @ PKMS)
- April 6th through 13th - Spring Break
- April 21st - STEAM/Literacy Night
- April 24th - 8th Grade Dance (Time to be Determined)
- April 29th - Spring HOUSE Games (Wear HOUSE shirt!)
- May 7th - Spring Band Concerts
- May 8th - SC Ready and PASS Testing Window Opens
Links to Fun Friday Jokes & Weekly Quotes
https://forms.gle/UxP8N7JeNzPF7ZJs5 Fun Friday Joke Link
https://forms.gle/UMezZXdxH9dmSMX67 Quotes Link
Order your student's yearbook online via the Pay Fees tabs on the GHMS webpage. Deadline for all orders is April 30th! We cannot guarantee any more yearbooks will be printed after this date!
Parent Portal Help
Need access to your student's grades, attendance, meal balance, and other info?
Use Parent Portal - access the link below to learn how to use this tool.
We do expect our parents/guardians to regularly check parent portal. Student grades are updated every 2 weeks per district policy. If you have questions about a particular grade or assignment, please reach out to your student's teacher directly. If you haven't already signed up to receive Parent Portal email notifications on a weekly basis, we encourage you to do so.
If you are having any issues with Parent Portal, please notify Dawn Fite @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got FMSD App?
Our PTA Sponsors are AMAZING!
The Hill - One Great Big Family
At GHMS, we pride ourselves on taking a family/collaborative approach to educating our students. Our teaching teams plan together to meet the needs of the students because we believe “they are ALL our students.” We work collaboratively with our Support Staff, Related Arts teachers, Special Services providers and parents to ensure the academic, social, and emotional needs of our students are being met. However, as with all families, we know that sometimes everyone may not see eye to eye. Should you ever have concerns regarding your student, I strongly encourage you to contact the teacher to discuss. Please do not go to your neighbors, friends, or social media to air your grievances or address something that the teacher or staff member has not had an opportunity to discuss directly with you. We teach our students that everyone has a voice and that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, even if you disagree with them. It is the Bulldog Way! This is the same behavior we expect from our parents when dealing with a concern. As principal, my blanket statement is and will always be, the doors of GHMS are open and we want to hear from you. Don’t hesitate to communicate with us. We are a family. We are a team. And, the only way we will be successful and the students will receive the education they deserve is if we work together.
Gold Hill Middle School will be a school where all students learn as a result of our teaching talent and the positive human connection that leaves us feeling safe, loved, valued, heard, and respected. #BulldogsLEAD
· Love to learn
· Engage our minds and hearts
· Achieve our goals together
· Do what we say we are
Let’s all be #differencemakers this year!