Mr. Graves' Weekly Update
October 16th 2023
Something to think about
Student Report Cards
With the end of the 1st quarter of the school year now here, student report cards will soon be available for you to review. When your student's report card arrives, use it to encourage him/her to have an even better 2nd quarter of the school year. Try these strategies for discussing it.
- Give your student and his/her report card your full attention. Find a quiet spot with no phone, or tv where you can discuss what is on the report card.
- Find reasons to high-five your student. Maybe he/she got a good grade in reading, or maybe the teacher commented on how well he/she gets along with classmates.
- Talk about ways he/she can improve. Maybe the math grade is not a good as you both would like for it to be, or if he/she needs to be more organized, share strategies you use to keep your things organized.
With something to think about....
More about Report Cards
Elementary Report Card Update
As a result of committee work last spring, our elementary report cards will be issued one additional time each year. This change moves us from trimesters to quarters and means families will be receiving a quarter one report card on Friday, October 27.
Along with the reporting period change, each grade level has updated competencies to better communicate student progress over the course of the year. If you have any questions about your student's report card, please reach out to their teacher. You can find all four reporting quarters on our Updated 23-24 School Calendar.
SPIRIT WEEK Oct. 25-27!!!
Wednesday, Oct. 25- Favorite Team/Gahanna Colors Day
Thursday, Oct. 26- Hat Day
Friday, Oct. 27- Dress Up Day (in costume or in nice clothes)
Dress Up Can Be: Your Halloween costume or dress up choice that can be worn all day in the classroom and is school appropriate!
Dress Up CAN’T Be: Violent, Scary, Bloody, Weapons,
covers your face, is hard to learn in, is not school appropriate.
*Ask your teacher if you’re not sure about your dress up choice!
Heart & Pride
The Heart and Pride Award recognizes two outstanding staff members each month who make a profound impact on our students and Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools.
The Heart & Pride Nomination Form will remain available year-round and is open to any member of our staff, regardless of position.
Lost and Found Video
Upcoming at Goshen Lane
- October 23: Staff Comp Day (no school for students)
- October 24: Teacher Professional Development Day (no school for students)
- October 25: School Picture Make Up Day
- October 25-26: Mobile Dentist at Goshen Lane
- October 27: Fall Parties
- November 2: PTA Sponsored Donut Date. 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.
- November 3: PTA Sponsored Donut Date 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.