Angry Birds Algebra Project
The maximum height was 18 yards
2. What was the total distance the bird flew?
The total distance was 28 yards. I subtracted 10 from 38 (which were the roots), and got 28.
3. Axis of Symmetry is x=24
4. Vertex is 24,18
5. Roots are (10,0) and (38,0)
2. The total distance it traveled was 10. I subtracted 2 from 12 (which were the roots), and got 10
3. The Axis of Symmetry equation is x=7.
4. The vertex is (7,25)
5.The roots are (2,0) and (12,0)
2. The total distance for the blue bird is 26 because the first x-intercept is at the origin and the second is at x=26.
3. The axis of symmetry appears to be x=13
4. The vertex is approximately (13, 12.5)
5. The roots are (0,0) and (0,26)
2. The total distance it traveled was 16 yards because if you subtract the roots (8 and 24), you get 16.
3. The equation for the axis of symmetry is x=16
4. The vertex is (16,32)
5. The roots are (8,0) and (24,0).
All Birds and Pigs
The King Pig, which was located at (21,19.5), was in the path and hit by the BLACK BIRD.
The Mustache Pig, which was located at (9,21), was in the path and hit by the YELLOW BIRD.
The Black Bird flew the highest out of all the birds.
The red bird flew the furthest out of all the birds