Volume 2, Issue 13 The Week of November 16-20
Important this Week!
- Canned Food Drive begins
- Turkeys turned in?
- Pena out
- ILT meetings after school
- Jeanie out/Leadership 9-2
- Box Top Winners Hot Chocolate Party in the Cafeteria 2:00
- BISD Space Night at BHS 6-8
- PBIS Team meets at 3:20
- RETRACTION! We don't have anyone in AFL Cohort 4. Sorry for the confusion!
- PTO Bananas and Pajamas 6:30-7:30 in Hajek Library
- Grandparents Day
- Grandparent/Student Pictures
- Colonial Day (5th Grade)
- Thanksgiving Break Shutdown--Unplug everything but radios
Thank you, Shannon Pena, for taking Cindy Ply's class!
Thank you, Nona Reed, for helping us out in 5th grade.
Thank you, Debbie, for getting my spread sheet to work!
Thank you, Jana, for organizing the "floaters."
Thank you, Shannon Pena and Laura Toomer, for an amazing choir performance at the Veteran's celebration Tuesday.
Thank you, Courtney and Joyce for sharing Heat Maps with us during our PLC time.
Writer's Workshop Model
Since writing is a critical component of our Campus Improvement Plan, it is imperative that we step up our writing expectations K-5.
We have numerous opportunities throughout the day to address learning to write and writing to learn. Revising and editing is a majority of the assessment and we need to be sure we are challenging our students in this area from Kindergarten up.
I will scan the Writer's Workshop Model and share it with all of you.