Science 8 Newsletter
Hicksville Middle School
Welcome to Room 237!
Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Below you will find that I have listed anticipated assignments for the week and other important reminders.
Grades for this week?
Science 8 students will be earning grades on the following assignments for the week:
- Electric Force Practice Questions: On Monday (2/15), students completed the Electric Force Notes and accompanying review questions. The final 5 questions of this review were to be completed independently and will be checked for notebook points on Tuesday (2/16).
- Playing with Parachutes Lab: On Monday (2/15), students completed the final test of their group designed parachute. (Check out the pictures below!) The analysis questions are to be completed for homework and will be graded for project points on Wednesday (2/17).
- Midterm Notebook Grade: On Tuesday (2/16), students will complete their midterm notebook points check. This will appear as a 33 point homework grade in PowerSchool.
- Magnetic Force Practice: On Tuesday (2/16) students will complete the Magnetic Force Notes, with the final 5 questions assigned as homework. These questions will be checked on Wednesday (2/17) for notebook points.
- Motors and Generators Lab: On Wednesday (2/17) students will complete a lab incorporating electric and magnetic forces. The related lab report will be graded on Friday (2/19).
Midterm Grades: Midterm grade reports are expected be sent home later this week. The Midterm Notebook Grade will be the final grade appearing on this report for Science 8.
Force Unit Test: Students will receive the Force Unit Test Review Guide on Friday (2/19), with the test expected on Tuesday (2/23).
What have we been up to?
Student performance is tracked daily using the Class Dojo app. Access your student's profile to view his or her daily or weekly class performance by clicking on the button above.
This website features flashcards and games to help your student study unit vocabulary in preparation for quizzes and tests. Click the button above to visit the website.